website statistics

Rowing FISA Final Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

George_D

13 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Yes. Both Chinese LW2* and LM2* almost led 1900m but got surpassed at last 100m. Chinese fans are quite depressed about this even though receiving W8+ and W4- quotas already meeting expectation. Congrats by the way.

Yeah, tell me about that. When I told my wife, she was not very happy about that :-D ...... Btw are you chinese citizen? I noticed :CHN by your name. I am from :CZE but I have lived in :CHN since 2015. 

12 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

I think it's their strategy. It's unfair to judge following others or leading with full speed is a better strategy after knowing the result. Sad but hope to receive reallocation quota since they both are the next best...

Well, I don't think there will be many reallocations in rowing. There are not that many secured spots for :JPN so if they refuse, there will be reallocations but I suppose this counts mostly for single sculls or double sculls. 

1 hour ago, Jan Linha said:

Yeah, tell me about that. When I told my wife, she was not very happy about that :-D ...... Btw are you chinese citizen? I noticed :CHN by your name. I am from :CZE but I have lived in :CHN since 2015. 

Yes I am Chinese citizen. I am in Beijing. Well I see you live in Chongqing, very good place. :yes

21 hours ago, mrv86 said:

I think Kuwait gets the unused host quota in men’s single sculls, as they actually competed and finished 13th place at the Asian qualifiers, one position ahead of the Kuwaiti female rower (14th), who due to rules can’t take the spot.

In an irony, as the women’s host quota couldn’t be awarded to any other Asian or Oceania nation, it will get reassigned to the next best competitor in the final qualifier, like they did in LW2x.

And guess what? It goes back to Japan :lol:

Kuwait's quota depends on which quota Iran picks (they'll get the opposite). That's because if Iran picks the men's quota then six nations will have taken a quota ( :JPN:IRI:KAZ:PHI:IRQ:THA ) and 13th place Kuwait won't be eligible. This is similar to the Philippines and Thailand where they finished with a higher rank in a lightweight boat, but are not eligible due to three nations already qualifying. Regardless the women's single sculls host quota will be reallocated and as you mentioned it funnily goes back to Japan.    

23 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Kuwait's quota depends on which quota Iran picks (they'll get the opposite). That's because if Iran picks the men's quota then six nations will have taken a quota ( :JPN:IRI:KAZ:PHI:IRQ:THA ) and 13th place Kuwait won't be eligible. This is similar to the Philippines and Thailand where they finished with a higher rank in a lightweight boat, but are not eligible due to three nations already qualifying. Regardless the women's single sculls host quota will be reallocated and as you mentioned it funnily goes back to Japan.    

It would be reallocated back to Japan because they finished third in Lucerne? Would be crazy in that case. Foester could've qualified but she stopped rowing midway through the race (though the Japanese girl was actually doing way better than I expected and very well may have finished above Foester regardless)

12 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

It would be reallocated back to Japan because they finished third in Lucerne? Would be crazy in that case. Foester could've qualified but she stopped rowing midway through the race (though the Japanese girl was actually doing way better than I expected and very well may have finished above Foester regardless)

Yup, the host quota is first reallocated to the Asia/Oceania regatta, but since we only have five eligible boats the quota will get reallocated to the Final regatta where Japan finished third.

Japan could have saved the craziness by just taking the W1x and LW2x quotas and then keep the M1x host quota.

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

nothing is announced yet. but I think Iran will pick the W1X quota. just because women's sport needs more support. that's just my personal guess (and choice) though.

a bit lazy to check if that changes anything in term of reallocation.

11 minutes ago, MHSN said:

For Iran their choice only effects Kuwait (they will get the opposite gender).

For Indonesia their choice effects Hong Kong and South Korea. If they pick LM2x then South Korea gets LW2x and Hong Kong gets W1x. If they pick LW2x then Hong Kong gets LM2x and South Korea gets W1x.

Everyone else has their quota settled.

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

nothing is announced yet. but I think Iran will pick the W1X quota. just because women's sport needs more support. that's just my personal guess (and choice) though.

I just read that if Iran will chose W1X then it will open chance for :POL Natan to have quota in M1X after all, but I don't know how accurate it is.