website statistics

Poll 6/100 | Who will be the medallist in Rythmic Gymnastics Group all round ?

Poll 6/100  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 3 medallist in Rythmic Gymnastics Group All Round?

I picked Bulgaria (because it looks they are truly the best, reading news and comments of the last few competitions), Russia (because they are the mafia boss of this artistic show) and Japan (because when it comes down to personal taste and other kind of interest of biased and/or corrupted judges, the home team always gets special regards if they are at least decent...and because Italy have a long tradition of being robbed of deserved medals)...

in the Individual event, I think it will be 2 Russians and Ashram (ISR) to make the podium...

p.s. why is this artistic show still in the Olympic program after the IOC made themselves a joke in the name of the socalled gender equality? :whistle: :bones: :coffee:

Russia and Japan for sure. The third spot could be a total surprise, such as Uzbekistan, but I doubt it. I'd say Bulgaria, but Italy and Israel could take its place. Ukraine, Azerbaijan and Belarus would be the dark horses. Unless China has major upgrades, I believe they have no chance of getting a medal.

It's hard to predict anything else at this point because we still need to know which nations will qualify.

Europe: I don't think Spain will qualify. Turkey is more likely to qualify, but Germany, Finland or Estonia could also pull of a miraculous qualification. Of course, Ukraine might get the European quota, what means the WCh quota would be reallocated.

Americas: Mexico is the clear favorite here. US and Canada are its nearest rivals. Brazil has suffered with major problems and, now, I'd say we have no chance at all of qualifying.

Oceania: It's either Australia or New Zealand, but Australia has the edge. Still, either nation will be the weakest of the bunch.

Africa: I'm not sure if Egypt's qualification will be uphold because apparently two gymnasts from the group tested positive for doping. I don't think any other nation from Africa follows the minimum requirements for qualification, so we shall see what FIG will do.

Asia: Uzbekistan is the favorite for qualification. It's leaps and bounds ahead of the remaining countries available for a quota. South Korea and Kazakhstan are the only other nations which would be interested in the quota, but they are considerably behind Uzbekistan. Maybe Thailand would be interested too, who knows?

8 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

These 100 polls are going to make me realise how little I know of many Olympic sports! I wonder how many more there will be where my vote is worthless like in shooting and rythmic gymnastics.

I thought the same haha.

I just could pick here because I watched the last world cup, and I got a little more of info from it.

Btw I chose Bulgaria, Italy and Russia.

@Fly_like_a_don I am anxious for surfing and skateboarding pools haha

1 hour ago, Jinzha said:

These 100 polls are going to make me realise how little I know of many Olympic sports! I wonder how many more there will be where my vote is worthless like in shooting and rythmic gymnastics.

That’s kind of how it is for me. I have a good working knowledge of all the Olympic sports, but I don’t feel qualified to make a prediction about medal winners in many of the sports. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela