website statistics

Weightlifting 2016 Discussion Thread

PetrC.

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yep. I was going through the rankings of the past years and it's incredible to see how China basically dominates especially the lighter women categories :yikes:

Maybe not always in terms of winning everything, but mostly when looking at the vast amounts of Chinese lifters in the world's top-20 in those weights, incredible. 

Well, it's not actually China only. Asia is better in lighter events while Europe (+KAZ/UZB/IRI) are ahead in heavier events, generally speaking.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

35 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

China's results are never suspicious, no no no.... And they are gonna dominate another Olympics, just peachy....

The US will claim the #1 spot once again anyway, so hold your horses.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

2 minutes ago, Quasit said:

The US will claim the #1 spot once again anyway, so hold your horses.

I was talking specifically about the weightlifting, but yes i hope they do, even though i'm not so enthusiastic about the US this time like in previous Olympics.

now it's official, fortunately no Iranians are among them :cheer:

The IWF reports that as a consequence of the IOC’s reanalyses of samples from the 2012 London Olympic Games, the samples of the following Athletes have returned Adverse Analytical Findings:

• AUKHADOV, Apti (RUS) – Dehydrochloromethyltestosterone, Drostanolone (S1.1 Anabolic agents)
  • KOSTOVA, Boyanka (AZE) – Dehydrochloromethyltestosterone, Stanozolol (S1.1 Anabolic agents)
  • PODOBEDOVA, Svetlana (KAZ) – Stanozolol (S1.1 Anabolic agents)
  • SAZANAVETS, Dzina (BLR) – Drostanolone, Stanozolol (S1.1 Anabolic agents)
  • SHKERMANKOVA, Maryna (BLR) – Dehydrochloromethyltestosterone, Stanozolol (S1.1 Anabolic agents)
  • KALINA, Yuliya (UKR) – Dehydrochloromethyltestosterone (S1.1 Anabolic agents)
  • ZHARNASEK, Yauheni (BLR) – Dehydrochloromethytestosterone, Stanozolol, Oxandrolone (S1.1 Anabolic agents)
  • MANEZA, Maiya (KAZ) – Stanozolol (S1.1 Anabolic agents)
  • ILYIN, Ilya (KAZ) – Dehydrochloromethyltestosterone, Stanozolol (S1.1 Anabolic agents)
  • CHINSHANLO, Zulfiya (KAZ) – Oxandrolone, Stanozolol (S1.1 Anabolic agents)

here is the new medal distribution if IWF/IOC officially disqualify all of them

Aukhadov (Silver 85)

Rostami (IRN) Bronze ==> Silver

Yehia (EGY) 4th ==> Bronze

Ilyin (Gold 94)

Ivanov (RUS) Silver ==> Gold

Ciricu (MDA) Bronze ==> Silver

Demanov (RUS) 4th ==> Bronze

Chinshanlo (Gold 53)

Hsu (TPE) Silver ==> Gold

Iovu (MDA) Bronze ==> Silver

Febrianti (INA) 4th ==> Bronze

Kalina (Bronze 58)

Gulnoi (THA) 4th ==> Bronze

Maneza (Gold 63)

Tsarukaeva (RUS) Silver ==> Gold

Girard (CAN) Bronze ==> Silver

Simsek (TUR) 4th ==> Bronze

Shkermankova (Bronze 69)

Nurmukhambetova (KAZ) 5th ==> Bronze

Podobedova (Gold 75)

Zabolotnaya (RUS) Silver ==> Gold

Kulesha (BLR) Bronze ==> Silver

Valentin (ESP) 4th ==> Bronze

* Some of these athletes who are supposed to get a better medal later tested positive for doping. so I have a feeling IOC/IWF will leave some (or even all) of those medals blank and won't give them to anybody.

21 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Thanks! I just found the full results of those Chinese nationals and that's some serious stuff going down there :yikes:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rk_SqBJl8x9qWtnH3aiKR27l1dKkgcRXCO1A3xAsFIo/edit#gid=0

yes, I saw that document...

by the way, here you can also watch the winning lifts in all the weight categories...

http://www.allthingsgym.com/2016-chinese-national-weightlifting-championships/

Edited by phelps

And IWF now published the list of 2008 positives. again Ilyin !

• KHURSHUDYAN, Hripsime (ARM) – Stanozolol (S1.1 Anabolic agents)
  • DUDOGLO, Alexandru (MDA) – Stanozolol (S1.1 Anabolic agents)
  • EVSTYUKHINA, Nadezda (RUS) – dehydrochlormethyltestosterone metabolites (S1.1 Anabolic agents)
  • TAYLAN, Nurcan (TUR) – Stanozolol (S1.1 Anabolic agents)
  • SHAINOVA, Marina (RUS) – Dehydrochlormethyltestosterone metabolites and stanozolol metabolites (S1.1 Anabolic agents)
  • ZAIROV, Intigam (AZE) – Dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (S1.1 Anabolic agents) – Remains suspended due to previous IWF sanction until 21.12.2023
  • ILYIN, Ilya (KAZ) – Stanozolol (S1.1 Anabolic agents) – Remains provisionally suspended

only 3 of them finished on podium, Ilyin, Shainova and Evstyukhina.