website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2017

dareza

Just now, dcro said:

You would understand Croatian? :p

All your Eastern European languages sound like the same cheating tongue to me.

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

For moments like these, I would be willing to learn.

No joy I think. Link is pretty much available during competition and I doubt it would work outside of here. :p

7 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

All your Eastern European languages sound like the same cheating tongue to me.

:lol:

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

No joy I think. Link is pretty much available during competition and I doubt it would work outside of here. :p

I think that you could watch our broadcast abroad, but I think that drowning would be a much more exciting experience.

We always manage to find people that have absolutely no clue about the sport. A few days ago, I watched our Athletics championships and there was this guy that kept saying how triple jump is going to be very exciting (when two of our best triple jumpers were not present) and that athlete A (with 13.60~ PB) was in danger of being challenged for first by athlete B (with 12.39 PB).

vor 37 Minuten schrieb lapaj:

'cant say that i am surprised though, we all know what Hungary is doing'

Obvious Dopes. Proved? No, because it is 'impossible', so it is true to you.

'Impossible to open your eyes, you refuse to see the truth. Impossible to win medals in swimming without doping'

So every winner is a doper? Proved? No, but it's 'true'.

'People from poor countries, mainly from eastern europe and africa, have nothing to lose by doping'

Only 'people from the poor countries' win races in the pool? Because: 'Impossible to win medals in swimming without doping'

'(although the stadium looked pretty empty today, maybe the tickets are too expensive?)'

I was in the Duna Arena at Saturday. That wasn't 'pretty empty'. But ok, 'true'! 5 euros for the cheapest ticket is expensive.

Where did i say "Obvious dopes (referring to Hungary)"?

You should try to be more careful with words. There is a difference between something not being proven to be true and something to be false. Nothing i said has been proven false, so nothing i sad was incorrect, which was my point, because the way our british friend spelled my username was incorrect (definitely false), whereas my comments might be true or false. Yes, i am 100% sure that every medal winner is doped, its impossible to prove it, even if FINA would be interested in catching all the cheaters, they couldnt do it. Where did i say that only people from poor countries win medals? You should really try to understand the full meaning of a sentence, before you reply to it. I said "People from poor countries ... have nothing to lose by doping", i said nowhere that people from richer countries dont dope.

The stadium indeed looked empty in the morning, if you dont agree, then we probably have different views on what "pretty empty" means. Its great that you were in the arena on Saturday, but how does that prove anything? Didnt the competitions only start yesterday (on Sunday)? I know that i was definitely talking about Sunday, so maybe thats why we seem to have seen different competitions ... ?

5 euros sound really expensive, especially if its for the cheapest ticket. I have never been to Hungary, but 5 euros in Hungary are probably equivalent to 100-200 euros in Germany, right? How much does an average hungarian person earn in a month? 200-300 euros?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 46 Minuten schrieb juddy96:

Sad for Pickrem, she would've been in contention for the bronze medal had whatever problem not occurred. Though truthfully, as she was born and raised in Florida, and spends most of her time in the States, I care about her less than most of the other Canadian swimmers

Makes sense. What about Ruck or Condorelli? Wasnt Barber also born in the US and spent most of his childhood there?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Makes sense. What about Ruck or Condorelli? Wasnt Barber also born in the US and spent most of his childhood there?

Ruck was born in Canada but has lived the majority of her life in the US. However she never got US citizenship, which means she didn't have much of a choice than competing for Canada. And now she recently moved to Canada to train with Oleksiak and the other girls. Condorelli is similar to Pickrem, don't care for him. Barber is similar too, but at least his dad competed for Canada and he also spent summers in Canada and is registered with a club here. Plus unlike the others, he could've actually made the American team without a ton of effort if he tried.