website statistics

On what day will your nation win their first medal of the Paris 2024 Olympic Games?

5 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

It's always interesting to look at the Olympic schedule and forecast when your nation's big medal chances will be. Will they be early in the program, in the final days, or will they be spread out over the course of the 16 days of medal winning action (the dream scenario :d)?

Here is the link to the day-to-day schedule to help with your forecast:

https://totallympics.com/qualification-tracker/paris-2024/schedule-by-day/

• When is the first realistic medal chance of the Games for your nation?
  • When do you think your nation will get their first medal and in which event?
  • Is there a bumper day for your nation where you expect more than one or a few medals to come? If so, what day?
  • Is there a day when you expect to have not so much competitors from your nation competing or no chances for medals?

When is the first realistic medal chance of the Games for your nation?

day #1, event #2 (women's Synchronized 3m Springboard)

When do you think your nation will get their first medal and in which event?

day #1, Cycling, men's ITT (if we consider the event's start time) or Judo, women's -48kg (if we consider the actual moment in which the medal would be a done deal)

Is there a bumper day for your nation where you expect more than one or a few medals to come? If so, what day?

well, I think we have at least 3 medal chances each and every day of the Olympics, in the first week even more thanks to fencing, swimming and shotgun shooting

Is there a day when you expect to have not so much competitors from your nation competing or no chances for medals?

Monday & Tuesday, August 5th & 6th are probably our 2 weakest days, but still we have at least 2/3 medal chances

no "empty" days for us, luckily

5 hours ago, CCB said:
  •  
  • Is there a bumper day for your nation where you expect more than one or a few medals to come? If so, what day?

During day 5 till day 8 there are several medal chances (#8) in rowing. 

I was thinking about this one still. I am going to the TeamNL house on day 14 and it's a pretty big day as well: womens hockey team, Harrie Lavreysen individual sprint, India Sardjoe breaking, Jessica Schilder shot put, Stam/Schoon beach volleyball and Anouk Vetter heptathlon. Can't wait to watch some of these on a big screen and a crowd of orange!

But I agree day 5-8 are the biggest days due to rowing, sailing, judo and swimming. Day 6 might be the biggest one, with four rowing finals (w2x/m2x/w4-/m4-), two sailing medal races (49er, 49erFX), Guusje Steenhuis and Michael Korrel in judo and Tes Schouten swimming 200m breaststroke.

The first realistic shot and most likely also is day 1 with men's rugby. The best day should be (and I hope) the 9th of august, with the finals of women's hockey, men's football and the bronze medal match of men's volleyball. 

:USA

Probably shouldn't answer for the Americans.  As we will probably win medals every day.  Starting day 1 with swimming

:ISR

The biggest chance is day 7 in judo with Raz Hershko, some chance in day 2 or 6 in judo

Day 8 in floor gymnastics

I don't believe Gorbenko brings a medal.  

I can see us winning 2 medals.  One in judo and one in gymnastics.   Hopefully one gold with Dolgopyat

Posted (edited)

:FRA

Day 1, with Boukli in Judo / Men's rugby Team / Candassemy or Mallo-Breton in Women's Epee.

• When do you think your nation will get their first medal and in which event?

No medal in the first day would be a major disappointment. I think Shirine Boukli will be the first (maybe a Bronze medal ?) French medalist in Judo/-48kg.

Day 7 ! Especially in number of gold medals (M BMX, M Epee Team, Judo M & F, IQFoil M & F, Leon Marchand...)

• Is there a day when you expect to have not so much competitors from your nation competing or no chances for medals?

Day 11 :(

Edited by Styrka

1 hour ago, Styrka said:

:FRA

Day 1, with Boukli in Judo / Men's rugby Team / Candassemy or Mallo-Breton in Women's Epee.

I think we can also add Mkheidze in men’s judo, Giraud and perhaps Milou in men’s street, and the men’s sabre members.

Posted (edited)

The "safest" bet would be August 10th with Jasmine Camacho-Quinn in the Women's 100m hurdles. 

But hopefully we can win our first medal before that!

Edited by Rad