website statistics

AIN athletes qualification for Paris 2024 Olympic Games and reallocation of quotas [post#1 updated 29.06] Road to Paris 2024

5 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

I suppose weightlifting+102kg might go to :CZE Kamil Kučera because :KOR has already chose 3 male athletes in other categories..... 

You are right. I suppose even if :KOR is allowed to change selection they will not do this

5 hours ago, rybak said:

I know that she isn't either rus or blr athlete but how big are chances that :CYP Vera Tugolukova will be excluded too?

Why would she be excluded?

I don't believe there is any mechanism for the IOC to deny participation of an athlete with a :RUS or :BLR passport that is competing for another country (short of denying the change of sporting citizenship, obv)

4 hours ago, rybak said:

I know that she isn't either rus or blr athlete but how big are chances that :CYP Vera Tugolukova will be excluded too?

You right, it is another case bit indirectly recent IOC decisions indicate some major shift which may be important to that case too.

For a long time it looked like the IOC expected the war to be finished soon and kept door open for the quick russia reinstatement for the Games-2024. Now this quick finish does not look so real.

The IOC was threatened by the alternative games in russia. But this week they saw an absolute catastrophy of the BRICS games in russia. The level of competition and international presence are so low (sometimes not enough athletes to award bronze) that they avoided of publishing protocols and real number of participated states. As a result Friendship games expected in september can be postponed for a year. The IOC is strong enough now.

But at the same time we see that the IOC just evaluates entries sent by the IF`s (by now). So at the first step it is important to do all the best to solve Tugolukova`s case at the level of the IF.

And the most important: the list of athletes expected to be excluded published in the 1 and 2 posts of the topic now looks much more serious now. We know that IOC really does not invite to the games war-supporters. So everyone can join the process and try to find evidences to allow his/her favorite atheletes to get quotas instead of AINs. Those who are allowed to compete are not safe - and I think some of them will be out too.

Wouldn't the distribution of quotas in Taekwondo be based on the Olympic rankings?

Logically, the quota should go to Uzbekistan?

Taekwondo +80kg from AIN to UZB (Rafalovich Nikita)

Screenshot_20240615_163351_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20240615_164053_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, avlar said:

So, we have a list of reallocations for AINs frpm belarus

Short notes from the IOC statement:

1. Decisions to reject quotas are final.

2. Decisions to approve quotas are not final - new facts may lead to the rejection of invitation.

3. Decisions cannot be appealed - NOCs were not invited to the Games, so it is a good will to invite individual athletes... or not

4. Unused quotas will be reallocated to another NOCs (not to be sunstituted by another AINs).

Empty lines in the IOC Decision column means no decision yet.
Reallocation to another NOC means that IF has to reallocate this quota to another NOC (not AIN) according to the IOC decision.

The most probable reallocation is mentioned in the table.

russians are on separate post (updated!) - some more potentially good news at that post - @copravolley @rafalgorka @zob79 @phelps

belorussians:  

Sports Athlete(s) Discipline Possible Reallocation NOC IOC Decision
Cycling Hanna TSERAKH Road     AIN - Hanna TSERAKH
Trampoline Viyaleta BARDZILOUSKAYA Women's     AIN - Viyaleta BARDZILOUSKAYA
Trampoline Ivan LITVINOVICH Men's     AIN - Ivan LITVINOVICH
Taekwondo Georgi Gurtsiev 58 kg Lev Korneev :SRB Reallocation to another NOC
Weightlifting Siuzanna VALODZKA W71kg MIRABAL FERIA Yeniuska :CUB AIN - Siuzanna VALODZKA
Weightlifting Yauheni TSIKHANTSOU M102kg DEHDAR Reza :IRI AIN - Yauheni TSIKHANTSOU
Weightlifting ASAYONAK Petr  M89kg SANTAVY Boady Robert :CAN Reallocation to another NOC
Weightlifting ZIAZIULIN Eduard M102+kg JO Seongbin :KOR Reallocation to another NOC
Wrestling Aryan Tsiutryn Men's freestyle 57 kg Vladimir EGOROV :MKD Reallocation to another NOC
Wrestling Mahamedkhabib Kadzimahamedau Men's freestyle 74 kg Miroslav Stefanov KIROV :BUL AIN - Yahor AKULICH
Wrestling Aliaksandr Hushtyn Men's freestyle 97 kg Illia ARCHAIA :UKR AIN - Uladzislau KAZLOU
Wrestling Dzianis Khramiankou Men's freestyle 125 kg Kamil Tomasz KOSCIOLEK :POL Reallocation to another NOC
Wrestling Kiryl Maskevich Men's Greco-Roman 87 kg Lasha GOBADZE :GEO Reallocation to another NOC
Wrestling Abubakar KHASLAKHANAU Men's Greco-Roman 97 kg Mihail KAJAIA :SRB AIN - Abubakar KHASLAKHANAU
Wrestling Pavel Hlinchuk Men's Greco-Roman 130 kg Mantas KNYSTAUTAS :LTU AIN - Dzmitri ZARUBSKI
Wrestling Vanesa Kaladzinskaya Women's freestyle 53 kg Maria Prevolaraki :GRE AIN - Viyaleta REBIKAVA
Wrestling Iryna Kurachkina Women's freestyle 57 kg Alina HRUSHYNA AKOBIIA :UKR Reallocation to another NOC
Wrestling Veranika Ivanova Women's freestyle 62 kg Johanna LINDBORG :SWE AIN - Krystsina SAZYKINA

in the men's +102kg (weightlifting) it should be :CZE Kamil Kucera, since :KOR have already selected 3 different weights

sorry, I didn't see that it was already noticed

Edited by phelps

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, mard0n said:

Wouldn't the distribution of quotas in Taekwondo be based on the Olympic rankings?

:UZB already have 2 qualified athletes among the men, so Rafalovich is not eligible in any case

Edited by phelps

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, avlar said:

Wrestling Zaurbek Sidakov Men's freestyle 74 kg Frank Chamizo

I get why people think it will be reallocated to Chamizo (WCh quota to AZE and then European quota to ITA), but after reading a bit I think it will simply go to the Chinese, as the highest ranked at the WCh who is not yet qualified. The wording imo is quite clear and the same that was used for 2020(1), where for example the reallocation in women's 62kg went directly to ROU (and not to USA who had later won a PanAmerican quota, and thus the next best PanAm wrestler).

Edited by Faramir

11 minutes ago, Faramir said:

I get why people think it will be reallocated to Chamizo (WCh quota to AZE and then European quota to ITA), but after reading a bit I think it will simply go to the Chinese, as the highest ranked at the WCh who is not yet qualified. The wording imo is quite clear and the same that was used for 2020(1), where for example the reallocation in women's 62kg went directly to ROU (and not to USA who had later won a PanAmerican quota, and thus the next best PanAm wrestler).

If we have a precednt from 2021 it is a bad news for :ITA twice because you can get 2 quotas (Liuzzi and Chamizo) or nothing.

I saw that way of reallocation (and it even gives Ukraine one more quota as @Art Art mentioned), but I am not sure what UWW will decide. Before your post I would say my way of reallocation was more natural. But precedent makes your way more real.

At the same time, Italian wrestling federation has to find good lawyers to fight for these quotas, since even commas in the text can be crucial.

(We had a fantastic example from Ukrainian football championship when bronze medals and place at the UEFA Cup were decided by the lawyers of the club which used a single word in the regulations).

I will update lists with alternative re-allocation variant.

2 hours ago, mard0n said:

Thank you. But I am still not sure about that reallocation, so leaved question mark there.

2 hours ago, phelps said:

:UZB already have 2 qualified athletes among the men, so Rafalovich is not eligible in any case

How maximum 2 quota places through Continental Qualification rule work here? In the qualification system there is no clear definition of the maximum quotas possible to receive through reallocation. Only indicating 4 maximum per NOC. Or I'm wrong?