website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

I would prefer to have fast times *and* competitive races. But if I'm only going to get one, I'll choose races any day of the week.

However, if the issues with the pools are as true as people are claiming - and I'm not smart enough about the physics to doubt those saying that - my only worry is that the waves might be actually impacting the swimmers in certain lanes more. Which doesn't necessarily then give the best swimmer the best chance. It might be giving more 'limited' swimmers a better chance because of the luck of things like lane draws.

Same :)

Women’s 200m Freestyle was fun, but the earthquake that followed it (in California) felt a little necessary 😅

In case that’s not clear. We had an earthquake right after the final ended.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

But then that means you’re pretty much calling everyone here an ordinary viewer? :d

Well maybe :question:

Im just trying to make a distinction from the strange people on Swimswam who only seem to care about times. 

The vast majority of people watching these races won’t be thinking ‘what’s with these slow times’

Most ‘ordinary’ people will only be watching the swimming when the Olympics is on. That’s who I meant 

43 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Medal for Mc Sharry!

Congrats @dodge @OlympicIRL

I cried. Genuinely. I was on the floor

Shes just been interviewed on Irish TV and she couldn’t stop crying herself. Happy tears 

It’s beautiful