website statistics

Sailing WS Semaine Olympique Française 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

According to the guideline of World Sailing, the definition of Developing Nations is not the same of that of Emerging Nations. 

Developing Nations is the country that did not qualify with World Championship in the two last Olympics in that class but Emerging Nations are country that are still struggling for qualifying one boat in the Olympics

But I do agree World Sailing should give a better guideline. It is confusing

2 minutes ago, Jur said:

Poor oppresed italians and their almos 400 athletes in the Olympics :(

Don't worry, Spain will have more than us this year:) I mean that I was happy twice and I was cheated twice after some time. Just enough. They could have written yesterday that Hong Kong had already secured promotion, so I wouldn't have expected it.

15 minutes ago, copravolley said:

I don't understand why Hong Kong should get some special status when he has 2 other qualifications in different classes? There were Asian qualifications and China advanced there. I don't understand why Europe should be discriminated again and again? Nobody can`t Hong Kong from winning against China in Asia. For me, the Olympics are getting more and more ridiculous. Only money and deals count.

The reason why Italy is not treated as developing nations are because they qualify for 2016 Rio Olympics through the result of 2014 World Championship in the class of 49er.
Hong Kong is listed as developing nations in 49er class but not in windsurfing class since they got the ticket of 2020 Olympics through the result of 2019 World Championship as well.

Once again, it is a weird guideline but I think it is not about discrimination 

My understanding is that if Africa didn`t use its quota, so it`s place should go to the last qualifying regatta. I didn't expect this promotion after the previous days but that makes it even worse for me. I would rather take last place today if Hong Hong won, then I would know that we were simply weaker.

Edited by copravolley

3 minutes ago, pacowong1223 said:

Actually :GER may not accept the quota of 49er according to news so :ITAstill have chance for a reallocation

Reallocation goes to Developing Nations, not?

SO, AS A SUMMARY:

Mens IQFOIL: :USA:GRE:LTU:HKG + ENP :SVK + Reallocation DNP :FIN 

Men's Kite: :GBR:POL:USA:GRE:ISR 

Men's ILCA7: :KOR:MAS:EST + ENP :ESA

Men's 49er: :GER:BEL:BRA + Reallocation DNP :HKG

Womens IQFOIL: :CZE:SWE:AIN:TUR:SLO + ENP :EST + Reallocation DNP :AUT:SUI

Women's Kite: :SUI:POL:TUR:AUT:POR 

Women's ILCA6: :ROU:CYP:SLO + ENP :IND

Women's 49er: :POL:GER:FIN  + Reallocation DNP :JPN:CZE 

Mixed 470: :ITA:SLO:GRE:TUR 

Mixed Nacra 17 : :DEN:TUR:BEL + Reallocation DNP :JPN 

In my opinion, Developing Nations Programe is useless. Excluding Hong Kong, it just gave quotas to big countries. If it wasnt there, Peru or Singapore would qualify boats. An those are countries, in my opinion, much more worthy of a Developing Nations than Japan or Switzerland.

32 minutes ago, pacowong1223 said:

Actually :GER may not accept the quota of 49er according to news so :ITAstill have chance for a reallocation

That would be completely incomprehensible.

It is correct that no German 49er made the internal criteria, but why should they participate in a last chance regatta with only relevance Olympic quota with three (!!!) boats and finish on places 1,4 and 5 and then decline the quota. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Jur said:

I still don't get how Austria and Switzerland can be a Developing Nation but Perú can't. That doesn't make any sense to me.

The developing nation is specific to countries that did not participated in that class in the last two editions. I agree with you that is a bit odd - at least in name. This is the full list

I like the idea, but perhaps should be give to countries without representation AT ALL?

40 minutes ago, pacowong1223 said:

Why would they not accept the quota if they sent as many as 3 German crews to the Olympic qualifications regatta? That would be idiocy on their part. Can you give a link to this information?