website statistics

Pan American Games 2027

33 minutes ago, LuizGuilherme said:

São Paulo gonna be hard to beat in 2031, even more because they have thoughts about hosting the 2040 Olympics and the Pan can be a lab.

With all due respect the IOC is unlikely to touch Brazil for the next few decades. Rio did not leave them with positive PR fwiw

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

With all due respect the IOC is unlikely to touch Brazil for the next few decades. Rio did not leave them with positive PR fwiw

It makes sense, but for 2040 it's been 24 years after Rio...

I'm sure Brazil (and Mexico) is on a limbo because it's not either safe option neither ground breaking. 

With the lack of cities vying, it could open a path for São Paulo, provided that they host a superb Pan Am in 2031 and start to host more and more international sports events.

But we know that the interest for hosting comes and goes. In the 70/80s it was fairly easy to get: only 4 cities in total applied for 76/80/84 and one of them pulled out - and other 2 for 88. But then in the 90s you had dozens of cities trying...

But coming back to 2027 I wonder if Lima also hopes to host an OG. I think it is too much gamble, given the political issues. They certainly have done the best legacy plan for a Continental I've seen in a long time

2 hours ago, Pasolini said:

But coming back to 2027 I wonder if Lima also hopes to host an OG. I think it is too much gamble, given the political issues. They certainly have done the best legacy plan for a Continental I've seen in a long time

Yea their social media accounts from 2019 are still running..

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Yea their social media accounts from 2019 are still running..

Plus, it does seem like they host regular events at a few of the venues.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela