website statistics

Athletics WA Indoor World Championships 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Scientifically speaking it’s not possible to identify with either gender?

I was speaking more culturally/psychologically about gender identity. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

24 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Genuinely didn't mean it to be an insult by the way. I just wanted to offer an alternative to the first article, since you were confused by the wording.

I would agree that "transgender" and "non-binary" seem juxaposed to one another. I can definetly see non-binary identification as a potantial steeping stone to someone realizing their transgender identity, or not. Personally, I have no idea what Hiltz means by that terminology for it's worth.

And as i said,didn't take it as an insult,and it's all good,just wanted to clarify that i'm not automatically a fox news person just because i have that viewpoint.

See,this is the problem though i and[more relavantly] many other people in America itself don't understand what people like Hiltz mean when they say things like that,[and it doesn't seem like we're meant to understand] when you ask or even try question it,your automatically branded as a transphobe or a bigot[which of course is even more insuffurable when the person telling you this isn't even trans]and told that your now just supposed to accept that this is how that person feels and no other explanation is needed at all.Then There have been people in Canada[i don't know about America] who have lost their kids because they didn't want to use they/them, for them when the kid ''came out'' or have been fired because they didn't use the prounouns at work,i just don't think that's how things should be,in democratic societys and i don't think that conversation should be shutdown with ''Bigot'' or ''transphobe''[obviously you haven't been doing that to Josh or me here,but that's what other people do when they hear criticism for this] or even ''Homophobe'' when people question actions from people of that community[I'm gay,and i must say,i have zero in common with western gays and the fact that gays here want to mirror them horrifies me]Ok,this time for real that's it,i just wanted to respond to YOU saying you don't know what hiltz means.

Edited by Biathlonfan

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

That phrasing is a commonly accepted way of describing people's birth gender in the United States.

Just because lots of people suffer a delusion doesn't make the delusion real.  

Edited by Grassmarket

Oh nice, a whole back and forth about a person who prefers to be called 'they' instead of 'her'. Even the 'what is a lock?' discussion was more useful :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh nice, a whole back and forth about a person who prefers to be called 'they' instead of 'her'. Even the 'what is a lock?' discussion was more useful :p 

I'm increasingly tempted to change the gender markers on my passports to an X purely to annoy certain people xD

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

agree to disagree,i thought this was way more productive

16 hours ago, heywoodu said:

:BAH Taylor might want to run for president one day, plenty of Charisma....

Sorry.

Definitely plenty of charisma in athletics, as she pulled off a rather unique 60m hurdles / triple jump double on the same day, finishing 6th in both.