Totallympics

CEV Champions League semi finals

Women:

:ITA Allianz Vero Volley Milano vs. :TUR Fenerbahce Oper Istanbul

:TUR Eczacibasi Dynavit Istanbul vs. :ITA A. Carraro Imoco Conegliano 

Men:

:POL Jastrzebski Wegiel vs. :TUR Ziraat Bank Ankara

:ITA Cucine Lube Civitanova vs :ITA Trentino Itas

Slight :ITA and :TUR dominance if I may say so. I was really rooting for :GER Allianz MTV Stuttgart after their 5-set victory in the first game versus Fenerbahce, but they couldn't keep it up in the away game.

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

The worst domestic league result in the last 30 years is confirmed for :POL ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle as they miss the Top 8 playoffs. Their previous worst since promotion in 1995 was 8th place in 2006 :coffee:

how that can happen ? I mean they almost kept their entire squad from last year. I know they faced some injuries (and other bad news) during the season but you can't fall this low in less than a year. that's just not possible

7 minutes ago, MHSN said:

how that can happen ? I mean they almost kept their entire squad from last year. I know they faced some injuries (and other bad news) during the season but you can't fall this low in less than a year. that's just not possible

Yeah, they had many injuries in November & December but the key part seems to be that Śliwka, Bednorz & Kaczmarek will all leave at the end of the season and it's public knowledge. So fans suspect they simply don't care about this season or the team's results anymore.

Śliwka will move to Japanese champions Suntory Sunbirds, Bednorz to Asecco Resovia and Kaczmarek to Jastrzębski Węgiel.

30 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

:ITA VBC Casalmaggiore has been dissolved.

Italy surely has the greatest number of clubs that cease to exist even when they are seemingly successful :mumble:

I presume the main sponsor stopped funding and they can't self finance?

39 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

yeah, it's always the case...:cry: :facepalm:

tbh, often the entrepreneurs representing the main sponsor use their clubs just for sportwashing, once they reached their target, the club has gone :hairpull:

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Yeah, you can always count on frequent name changes because of sponsorship. It sadly happens in the Polish volleyball too. It's like one sport where club names doesn't seem to mean much even to fans who don't really oppose these changes.

Anyway, the pink shirts are gone. I don't remember if that was a designated team color or just for sponsorship reasons :mumble: