website statistics

Athletics 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

don't trust too much the results of thiese early season small meets...

more often than not, they're wind assisted and they're seldom confirmed through the Summer

in any case, they're both promising guys that hopefully would post :ITA into some global final sooner or later (not thinking of medals, as it's definitely premature, if not unlikely at all)

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

don't trust too much the results of thiese early season small meets...

more often than not, they're wind assisted and they're seldom confirmed through the Summer

in any case, they're both promising guys that hopefully would post :ITA into some global final sooner or later (not thinking of medals, as it's definitely premature, if not unlikely at all)

I was wondering about the wind In Italy at this time of year,From the video of the throw on instagram,i didn't see a whole lot of wind,if any really,but i could be wrong.Yeah i'm not predicting him medaling at the olympics from this one comp,that's for sure,lol.Him even making the olympics isn't even a sure thing but that's a pretty great start to a season. 

13 hours ago, Biathlonfan said:

I was wondering about the wind In Italy at this time of year,From the video of the throw on instagram,i didn't see a whole lot of wind,if any really,but i could be wrong.Yeah i'm not predicting him medaling at the olympics from this one comp,that's for sure,lol.Him even making the olympics isn't even a sure thing but that's a pretty great start to a season. 

it depends on the place and on the fate...and climatic change doesn't help

if you're closer to the see or up the mountains, it's obvious that there's a higher chance to be in a windy place, if you live in the middle of Pianura Padana, instead, you can only dream of little wind gusts once every century (that's why this is the place with most pollution in the whole European Continet:facepalm:)

Decided to share some links to channels that stream all the various athletics meets. If I’m missing some, feel free to mention them as well ;)

https://worldathletics.org/videos

https://youtube.com/@EuropeanAthletics?si=ELwH0hOlWicGc9B4

https://youtube.com/@atletikatv?si=bmePcuGAr3Fl33Ow

14 hours ago, Josh said:

:UKR Yaroslava Mahuchikh opens up her season with a 2.04m WL at the International Jump Meeting in Cottbus, Germany! :yikes:

@Illya

It gives me so much joy to see the rivalry between Nicola and Yasya and not Yasya and Lasitskene. The first start of the season set really high bar for the rest of the season. 

Well No Connor Bell at the Capital classic much to my sadness and surprise.

Not a bad result by the winner of the comp by Masateru Yugami by his own standarts, 59.14 is just below his 10 best ever result and he's not that far off His season's best from last year already which was 59.98[his third best throw in a comp].Interesting to see that unlike other Japanese discus throwers,he does compete outside of Japan sometimes.