website statistics

Artistic Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

I think you mean Santiago, not Lima :p 

Yeah a routine change in a couple of months seems unlikely. Maybe I’ll try to compare Canada’s scores (and routines) at Santiago compared to Doha and see what their projected score would be? Also just felt the need to mention, Artistic Swimming Canada only hired Yelyzaveta Yakhno as their assistant coach in late September, only a month away from the Pan Am Games. Hardly any time for the team to get acclimatized (and perfect) her suggestions. I would agree with you though that the Olympic quota is far from a guarantee, and I wouldn’t be surprise to see Canada just missing out. 

Ups :p You're right, Santiago 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Shouldn’t it be a likely Italy v. Canada battle for the final quota or am I missing something?? Free routine isn’t Italy’s best event, while Ukraine are the reigning World bronze medalists. Canada didn’t compete in the event last year, so don’t know where they stand compared to the best. 

Japan also doesn’t look safe for Paris qualification at the moment.

I don’t watch artistic swimming very often, so I could possibly be all wrong. :p

At this point I'm not confident about our team, so maybe it's a three-way battle, honestly, it's so hard for all of fans to know who is gonna qualify :hairpull:

14 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

How are the points counted for the Olympic quotas? Add up points from technical and free performances? And then the best 3 duets from non qualified teams qualify?

Pretty much, although only scores from finals count towards Olympic qualification. 

I am really suprised that Ukrainian duet did not withdraw from free program. It looked like the coaches gave up in the battle for team quota.

But to be honest - our chances are really very low.