website statistics

Who would you make your NOC flag bearer in Paris 2024?

rafalgorka

Rudy Fernández (Basketball) and Carolina Marin (Badminton) are my choices for :ESP 

Our National Comitee has a rule that states that flagbearers had to have Olympic medals from years prior, so both or them are good choices.

Maialen Chourraut (Slalom canoe) would be ideal but she competes next morning so imposible.

And I don't think Marcus Walz would be in Paris for the opening ceremony considering he doesn't compete until the last days.

• 1 month later...

Tough one as most of the big names are already retired. From the 3 team medals from Tokyo, and given the rugby 7s schedule, my guess is a combination of one the volleyball guys (if qualified) with one of the hockey girls. Like Facundo Conte or Luciano de Cecco and Rocio Sanchez Moccia.

Liemarvin Bonevacia or Churandy Martina. Although I doubt that'll happen because probably they won't be there yet anyway.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:ROU David Popovici (Swimming) and Simona Radis (Rowing). I don't know if this will happen though. The women's double sculls heats start on Saturday morning and the men's 400m freestyle heats also will start then, and maybe David will also enter that race.

On 9/30/2023 at 11:38 PM, rafalgorka said:

I wonder how it is in your country but in Poland we say: The flag bearer won't make it to the medal.

In recent editions Polish flag bearers were usually well-picked (imho) but they failed to get a medal almost every time.

Australia's flag bearers for the last three Summer Olympics all won medals.

On 10/1/2023 at 1:28 PM, Gianlu33 said:

I would say Paltrinieri. Without any doubts. I would like have Nespoli too, but calendar didn't give him any chances...

the male Flagbearer will be Giovanni Pellielo for sure (I bet nobody will have the "huevos" to leave him out, now that he's personally earned the quota place for the team), I fear

the female Flagbearer is more of a mistery (I think it won't be a shooter because of Pellielo, however) :mumble:

it can't be Caterina Banti nor a gymnast because of the schedule, too

I'd say it might be up to Irma Testa and Antonella Palmisano (or maybe Simona Quadarella or a Fencer)

p.s. personally, I'd really like to see Sinner and Egonu as Flagbearers, just to get half the people in this fuckin' Country completely mad :yikes: :roflmao: :raspberry:

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Liemarvin Bonevacia or Churandy Martina. Although I doubt that'll happen because probably they won't be there yet anyway.

I agree with Bonevacia, absolutely deserves it!

Some other candidates in my opinion would be Sharon van Rouwendaal, Marit Bouwmeester, Abdi Nageeye, Roy van den Berg, Margot van Geffen or Eva de Goede.

I could also see them going for Menno van Gorp, who is a pioneer and former world champion in Breaking.