website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

I haven't looked at Totallympics since this morning, now I'm online again. I feel a change in the overall look. What's going on?

tenor.gif

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, konig said:

110038908_10158686526184736_4969399323303198766_o.jpg

Hold on, 'never' is a bit much.. :p 

svo6xiksln431.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 16/07/2020 at 09:04, Olympian1010 said:

So I got into a discussion about Dick Pound with one of the Olympics Reddit moderators. Admittedly I’m not that interested in individual IOC members, but I’ve liked a lot of what Pound has had to say recently. I did some reading up on Pound, and all I can say is “how is this man still an IOC member?” His career might be the messiest I’ve ever seen. Dude’s wife got arrested for assaulting an officer while drunk during Atlanta 1996 (when he was Vice-President of the IOC). He founded WADA, and is probably the reason it’s a joke now. He once called Canada (pre-colonization) “a land of savages.” He can’t seem to hold a position down within the IOC because he likes to run his mouth and say crazy shit all the time. I’m glad I did my research because I won’t be praising Pound ever again.

I'm glad you realized what kind of man he is...:pope:

late is still better than never...:p

16 hours ago, Monzanator said:

On the other hand you can say Pound is one of the most influential Canadians around. If you work for 40+ years in IOC you've got connections half of the world can't even imagine and the other half simply can't even achieve. The guy is a straight arrow and doesn't seem to care about political corectness too much. Always a good thing in this shallow times of scripted PR speak and people being afraid to speak their mind.

yeah, but I wouldn't care too much of his words out of control...

more than anything, it's the farce named WADA what he (and his friend and co-founder, the devil made man, mr. Tamas Ajan) should be blamed for...:evil:

I may very well be the only man in the world to know this, but in Brussels there is a whole shopping mall that is nothing but nail bars! 

Fair enough I suppose - some bars (ie bar-type bars) sell 600 kinds of beer, so both sexes are fully catered for. :thumbup:  A fortune awaits the first person to bring both together.

Now I’m in trouble!

6 hours ago, phelps said:

yeah, but I wouldn't care too much of his words out of control...

more than anything, it's the farce named WADA what he (and his friend and co-founder, the devil made man, mr. Tamas Ajan) should be blamed for...:evil:

After all WADA is a private equity foundation. The problem is, the governments of otherwise independent nations are reluctant to accept someone else telling them what to do. Even if it means doping will go away unpunished. It's bad enough the TUE system allows all the pharmacy companies to get richer. I'm amazed a sport like cycling hasn't collapsed already. I'd have kicked them out of the Olympics years ago and left cycling as purely recreational form of activity for amateurs.