website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

There’s a good chance the entire season will be postponed. So leagues have already announced no fall sports will take place. There’s the possibility of a spring season, but it’s a rough outlook for college football this year.

Meh, too bad. It's so much more fun to watch than NFL, especially the huge rivalries.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

More importantly, what about the Rose Bowl Game?

most likely the whole College Footbal season won't happen, so, also the Rose Bowl and all the other traditional Bowls between the end of the old year and the beginning of the new year are going to be cancelled in the next days/weeks/months...

1 minute ago, phelps said:

most likely the whole College Footbal season won't happen, so, also the Rose Bowl and all the other traditional Bowls between the end of the old year and the beginning of the new year are going to be cancelled in the next days/weeks/months...

Awesome, means my weekends in the busiest time of winter will be free to enjoy all those cancelled winter sports :banana: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Awesome, means my weekends in the busiest time of winter will be free to enjoy all those cancelled winter sports :banana: 

Just wait until the IBU, FIS, and WCF announce their new esports games, and replace tournaments :p 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

People shouldn't joke with this :finger: I can accept 90% of summer sports being canceled, but don't touch my skiing! 

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Just wait until the IBU, FIS, and WCF announce their new esports games, and replace tournaments :p 

So far the only virtual alternatives I've really found interesting enough were in motorsports :p 

6 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

People shouldn't joke with this :finger: I can accept 90% of summer sports being canceled, but don't touch my skiing! 

I wish I was joking! A winter with no or barely any biathlon, cross-country skiing (which is important for me especially this season), alpine skiing, luge, skeleton, bobsleigh, speed skating, shorttrack, ski cross, snowboard cross....might as well go hibernate for a while.

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

So far the only virtual alternatives I've really found interesting enough were in motorsports :p 

Yeah, sim racing is awesome.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, eracing is awesome.

An acceptable alternative if the real thing isn't possible, is what I meant. Real deal is obviously a gazillion times better :p