website statistics

Summer World University Games 2021 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

25 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

They already have hosts lined up for 2025, 2027, and 2029.

In general, I watch a lot of the competition, but the time zone was bad for me this time around. 

How??? Who pays for this?

19 minutes ago, LDOG said:

How??? Who pays for this?

I think it’s still seen as stepping stone for areas with larger ambitions, or for “second tier” metropolitan areas looking to host a major event. I still see plenty of news about the event in my feeds, so they still have a following. 

From an American perspective, the Games are a fun trip for our university students. It’s likely that many won’t make it to the Olympics, so this gives them a big event of their own. It’s not well-known in the United States, but the student-athletes that go seem to have a wonderful time.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

59 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I think it’s still seen as stepping stone for areas with larger ambitions, or for “second tier” metropolitan areas looking to host a major event. I still see plenty of news about the event in my feeds, so they still have a following. 

From an American perspective, the Games are a fun trip for our university students. It’s likely that many won’t make it to the Olympics, so this gives them a big event of their own. It’s not well-known in the United States, but the student-athletes that go seem to have a wonderful time.

But they must have generous funding behind them. The last Winter Games were supposed to be in Lucerne, but they got them rearranged to Lake Placid at short notice, which doesn’t come cheap.

Just now, Grassmarket said:

But they must have generous funding behind them. The last Winter Games were supposed to be in Lucerne, but they got them rearranged to Lake Placid at short notice, which doesn’t come cheap.

No, Lake Placid won the bid for the 2023 edition. Lucerne was awarded the 2021 edition, which was originally postponed to December and then cancelled. Italy will host the winter edition 2025. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

First time ever India finished in top 10 ( 7th) in worldwide multigames .... So great for us .... India is on a roll ... Thrashed china in shooting which also was a first .....so yaaah....thanks Chengdu .....

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi