Totallympics

8 hours ago, hckošice said:

Day 2 Medalists for the records books

Artistic Gymnastics

Boys All-Around

1. Radomyr Stelmakh :UKR

2. Riccardo Villa :ITA

3. Matteo Giubellini :SUI

Yesterday was assigned the Team All-around medals too: gold for Italy, bronze for Great Britain and bronze for Switzerland 

I wanted to pose this question to those that are following the EYOF a bit more closely.

Does it seem that this year's EYOF is on easy mode in term of amount of participants and results?

I remember Lithuania always struggling to go to the top spots and more often than not, coming away from this without medals even.

This year, it's possible to get like 7-8 medals, nearly all of our swimmers consistently qualifying to the finals of their swims, basketballers crushing everyone by a huge number of points, some events in athletics under eight participants.

It's been so long since we had a summer EYOF due to Covid, I don't remember if it was always like this :d 

5 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I wanted to pose this question to those that are following the EYOF a bit more closely.

Does it seem that this year's EYOF is on easy mode in term of amount of participants and results?

I remember Lithuania always struggling to go to the top spots and more often than not, coming away from this without medals even.

This year, it's possible to get like 7-8 medals, nearly all of our swimmers consistently qualifying to the finals of their swims, basketballers crushing everyone by a huge number of points, some events in athletics under eight participants.

It's been so long since we had a summer EYOF due to Covid, I don't remember if it was always like this :d 

Welp, no Russia this time. They won the medal table by a margin in 2019, for what it was worth.

#banbestmen

9 minutes ago, Werloc said:

1) Russia missing is a big factor obviously, they would normally medal almost everywhere, Belarus not competing is another imprtnat factor at some extant as well.

2) The Games are on invitational basis, and Many Countries for some reason decided to skip some sports completely like some strong contenders did not send anyone to Athletics, others to Swimming etc...

3) It is a Youth tournament, hard to make any serious judgement about the real level and future for 14, 15 years kids

4) Very hot weather these days in Slovakia also are a factor, Extremely Hot and humid conditions are surely chalenging, especially for athletes from countries not exactly used to that.

I knew that our young swimmers were a very capable bunch, especially since they showed very promising results in the European junior championships against athletes two years older than them, I just did not expect this level of results when they finally clash with athletes their own age. :p

Fact is, closely following the development, I felt that Lithuania was becoming a swimming nation and seeing that we're consistently qualifying relays to the finals in juniors, breaking many national records and Lithuanian youth records, adding this EYOF where it's possible to come away with 4-5 medals from swimming alone, I'm feeling very good about our swimming future. 

Already 6 finals and 2 medals for them here, quite possibly another two finals after today as well. 

Thanks god. Medal for the host. Absolute anti-record avoided :lol:

Bronze in Swimming in of all sports lol (200m Fly)