website statistics

Summer European Youth Olympic Festival 2022

Totallympics

Nice! Equaled 10 medal record for Lithuania, and this time, we didn't even need Meilutytė to do it :p

Although, Plytnykaitė was a part of four medals and she's been breaking some of Rūta's records, sooo, Olympic gold when?

I had big hopes for athletics and we were struggling the entire week until on the very final day Aurėja Beniušytė won the triple jump with 13.04 and a U16 NR and Danielius Vasiliauskas with a silver medal in 200m, accompanied with a 16yo, 17yo and U18 NR's

Very proud of the swimming team, so many finals and 2 relay medals are really setting up a promising future, Plytnykaitė was on fire with her revenge arc after being suspended for 48 hours and thrown out of the team 7 days until EYOF. Statkevičius was swimming brilliantly over in Canada, but junior championships and EYOF was really underwhelming from her, up until she managed to get close to her 200m freestyle PB and got a silver, but medals were highly possible in 400 and 800m if she got close to her time. Seeing as she's also in the team for world juniors + has a qualifying mark in European championships 800m, she'll probably set the longest season for a Lithuanian swimmer record and I hope she'll be able to recover from so much fatigue.

Glad that medals also showed up from basketball, badminton and gymnastics, one girl was promising in cycling and I guess what's left is to add rowing to the program so that we could break our 10 medal record next year :lol:

Though I highly doubt we'll be ready to repeat this success next time, but if the rules are reverted for athletics as I expect, then Beniušytė, Vasiliauskas, Orinta Navikaitė (5th in Javelin) and Justė Perveneckaitė (4th in race walk) will be young enough to participate again next year and are going to be primary candidates for medals again and there's also fine talent in the swimming scene as well.

On 7/27/2022 at 7:38 PM, Makedonas said:

We never take this seriously and always finish embarrassingly low on the medal table, so I'm glad we at least got one medal so far (and gold nonetheless)

2-1-1 for us, actually our best EYOF ever (though we've won as many as 6 total medals in the past but not this many gold) :lol:

14 hours ago, hckošice said:

and that´s all. Was one Great week of sport and fun, but sadly as everything also this had to end at some point.

Good news is that apparently everything worked well, people involved to the games will return home with good feeling and great memories, some inside the :ITA team with probably more memories and maybe also something more thanks to what they will remember Banská Bystrica :p

296200471_784684929557661_42395295873900

So that´s it.

And how to finish this thread else than by the meme of the last week:

"Travel to Slovakia, Good Idea." :hatoff:

I know, this add started to be extremely annoying already at Day 1 of the games for everyone who watched the EYOF. So, yeah, sorry for that :lol:

usual Italian playboys...:rolleyes: :coffee: :lol: