website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

2 hours ago, bmo said:

Think about the athletes though... they work hard for 4 years for their moment in the spotlight. It would suck if you’re an athlete and your team boycotts the games.

I would suck if you’re a person, and a country purposely released a virus that harms people...(again, not that I but into the China theory at all (yet)).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I would suck if you’re a person, and a country purposely released a virus that harms people...(again, not that I but into the China theory at all (yet)).

I guess Trump supporters already buy it especially those questioned WHO why not  informed US earlier as it’s CoVid-19 not Covid-1.

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

There’s also a shortage of supply (still). So we should prioritize our response. Doctors, Nurses, health workers, and those infected should get first dibs. Once there’s enough supply people should be asked to wear them. Dutch and California seem to get their information from the same experts @heywoodu

There will always be shortage. Doctors, Nurses, health workers need high quality masks which have to be thrown away after some use. Common public can use simple cloth masks which can be easily manufactured in large quantities and which are reusable. 

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

China just announced the 2020 Q1 GDP growth rate -6.8%. First time to see a negative rate in my entire life and directly comes a huge one. Break my expectation and begin to cry. 

Doesn’t the Chinese economy have a kill switch?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

There’s also a shortage of supply (still). So we should prioritize our response. Doctors, Nurses, health workers, and those infected should get first dibs. Once there’s enough supply people should be asked to wear them. Dutch and California seem to get their information from the same experts @heywoodu

Always the same alibistic excuse, sorry, but this is like speaking to the wall...I can not anymore...

Obviously there shortage of supply, Do you really think in Slovakia we have millions of respirators laying on the streets ? ofc we don´t. If a such big and ultra mega rich country like USA have shortage of supplies how on earth can a small country in the middle of nowhere in europe have them ?

All the original mask and respirators we have are for doctors, nurses, other medical staff and people in 1st line in the fight against coronavirus. Ordinary people don´t have or are not even searching them.

The thing is we really should stop to think that the state will always be here for us and take care of us. No the state will not care of us, the state will never help you or me.

People have to move their ass and help themseves by their own. This is a difficult time we are facing, there not vaccine against this shit, people are dying quickly, and if I don´t want to die, or kill my parents or other relatives I should stop to naively grumble.....why I have to produce my own mask if I pay taxes bla bla bla etc ? ... no there lack of supplies, we must help ourselves by our own

It need and require basically a coupe of minutes and very small skills to produce at home 3-4 or 5 home made masks from cotton or other similar textile (millions of tutorial videos on youtube), they are easily washable and you can wear them again and again on daily basis.

ofc I know they are not 100% effective, but the thing is when everybody wear them they really works. With my mask I protect you, while with your mask you protect me !! Simple as that, really I don´t get what people are not understanding here...There not medicine so far, the only vaccine is discipline and masks.

Look at the stats, countries with masks and others, do you really not see the differences ? CZE and SVK were the first countries in Europe to impose radical regulations and measures from the start, remember when people were laughing Slovakia with 10 infected closed borders airports schools everything and imposed mask wearing obligatory in the country ? yep, now if not (individual mistakes in a retirement house in Pezinok and in a couple of Roma ghettos) we would be still at around 700 infected (majority of them returning people from abroad) and 2 deaths... This is not coincidence, Taipei, Hong Kong or Singapore have low numbers as well thanks masks, even, the home made masks. It is not the distances, it is not the washing hands things people use everywhere, it is the masks that save lifes, just everybody must wear them.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Doesn’t the Chinese economy have a kill switch?

I don't get what you mean due to my limitation of English especially with slang. I can make a guess you mean isn't China able to turn on and off the economy button as it wish? I hope so. But the reality is the situation is more or less similar with other countries in terms of spike of unemployment rate ( though media emphasis on USA unemployment only).

6 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I don't get what you mean due to my limitation of English especially with slang. I can make a guess you mean isn't China able to turn on and off the economy button as it wish? I hope so. But the reality is the situation is more or less similar with other countries in terms of spike of unemployment rate ( though media emphasis on USA unemployment only).

I thought the Chinese government could essentially just shutdown the economy...I thought I read something about them doing during a depression a few years ago.

@heywoodu

Ha ha I guess shortage of masks, PPE and everything is a problem for all the different countries around the whole world now. Ventilators of course not enough as well. So now for masks the citizens can still sew the masks using cloth and make do with it to wear them. Then as for the PPE and ventilators it is up to the person in charge to solve the problem themselves. Actually PPE can be sewn.

It is always a doubt as to whether Tokyo 2020 Olympics can proceed just as planned by July 2021. Everyday we are seeing huge increase in the cases in all the different countries around the whole world. All the different countries around the whole world is badly infected by the virus. There is not one country in this world spared from the virus. Even the host country Japan is hard hit with lots of cases as well. Really doubted the game can go on as planned in 1 year time. SARS took 2 years from 2002 - 2003 to go off with much fewer cases and death. This virus is so deadly and so many death cases around the whole world already. Really doubed the virus can go off this year or next year.