website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Winning a World Championship title is a big deal. even in non-Olympic weights but she looked injured and that CJ lift didn't help her injury at all. maybe not that wise considering she is a medal favorite in Paris next year. 

but maybe 3 WCh gold medals worth the pain :dunno:

I think Liu Huanhua changed everything by winning the gold at 102kg. now Chinese coaches probably seriously consider sending him to Paris. he is only the 2nd Chinese weightlifter to win a world title at a plus 100kg weight division. 

and our coaches did the same mistake again and again, starting low and then a massive jump for the 2nd/3rd attempts. it worked well for Javadi but that was an exception. most of them fail. if Motamedi doesn't recover in time for Paris we have no medal chance in this weight. Dehdar is such a nice guy and I like him a lot personally but he is just not good enough.

as it's been written just above, :CHN Liu Huanhua won the gold medal in the men's -102kg with a Total of 404kg

Silver went to :KOR Jang Yeon Hak with 399kg (from Group B) and Bronze went to :BLR (AIN) Yauheni Tsikhantsou with 394kg

:CHN Liu also won the C&J gold medal, meanwhile :BLR Tsikhantsou won the Snatch gold

except for the new :CHN leader, coming from nowhere, no other memorable news are to be recorded in the men's -102kg OQR:  :KOR Jang overtook his teammate Jin, but they were both already comfortably in the top part of the ranking

the same happened between the :ARM guys, with Samvel Gasparyan overtaking Garik Karapetyan (and both being well within the qualifying positions)

the only other man who climbed the ranking reaching a useful position is :GEO Irakli Chkheidze, 6th in Today's competition and also in the OQR (as National position, counting only 1 man per Country)

anything else stays unchanged, with the qualification line staying at 388kg, score shared by :USA Wesley Brian Kitts and :KGZ Bekdoolot Rasulbekov

Edited by phelps

11 minutes ago, phelps said:

anything else stays unchanged, with the qualification line staying at 386kg, score shared by :TPE Chen Po-Yen and :SAM Don Opeloge (the Taiwanese being currently above the line because he reached that mark earlier than the man from :SAM, who's the first below that ideal line)

I think you probably missed someone, by my count the 10th place record is 388kg by Wesley Kitts (USA) 

if we remove Adiletuly, this is top 10 by my count

Liu 404, Jang 399, Paredes 397, Tsikhantsov 394, Gasparyan 394, El-Bakh 391, Chkheidze 391, Dehdar 390, Rasulbekov 388, Kitts 388

For Chinese men's team, they already finished the competition. Judging by current status and results, I think China will send 61kg Li Fabin, 89kg Li Dayin and 102kg Liu Huanhua to Olympics. But only when next year's compulsory World Cup finished, we will know the final choice.

3 hours ago, rybak said:

@Vic Liu @phelps @MHSN anybody from Poland have a real chance to qualify? Ranking is only one way, right?

yes, ranking is the only way to qualify

and if you ask me the answer is no. but nothing is impossible. you don't need to collect points. you just need one big result to qualify but so far none of your athletes are close to top 10. but maybe (just maybe) Kudlaszyk and Kasabiev get something at the end. if you are in top 15 you can always hope for a reallocation. top countries have to pick 3 athletes (from 5 weights) and that will remove some guys from the list. injuries and doping DSQ are always possible too.

I think 73kg is your best chance  Kudlaszyk is not that far

15 hours ago, MHSN said:

I think you probably missed someone, by my count the 10th place record is 388kg by Wesley Kitts (USA) 

if we remove Adiletuly, this is top 10 by my count

Liu 404, Jang 399, Paredes 397, Tsikhantsov 394, Gasparyan 394, El-Bakh 391, Chkheidze 391, Dehdar 390, Rasulbekov 388, Kitts 388

yes, I just took Adiletuly away and I didn't count nothing less than Liu :yikes: :roflmao: :facepalm:

now I'm gonna fix that