website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

8 hours ago, MHSN said:

@Vic Liu will Shi Zhiyong lift anything in this competition ? or it will be another no show ?

who is supposed to be your 1st guy at 73kg ? Chen Lijun maybe if Shi doesn't make it

and, do you already know which guys will participate at the Asian Games?

I don't know Shi Zhiyong's status right now. I thought he's already more or less recovered and ready to compete but apparently he is not. Shi is still the 1st guy at 73kg I think as he continuously on the major events' list. Chen Lijun never compete at 73kg before so I still think Wei Yinting is 2nd choice (without gold for sure).

Asian Games list

Men

61kg: Li Fabin, Ding Hongjie

67kg: Chen Lijun

73kg: Wei Yinting

96kg: Li Dayin, Tian Tao

109kg: Liu Huanhua

Women

49kg: Jiang Huihua

55kg: Hou Zhihui

59kg: Luo Shifang

64kg: Pei Xinyi

76kg: Liao Guifang

87kg: Liang Xiaomei

+87kg: Li Wenwen

This time a World Record from Group B :d and guess who ? the man who re-invented this tactic, Rahmat Erwin Abdullah 

he will most probably take the total gold medal but his total record is not that unbeatable. 

I wonder if he is moving to 81 kg for the Asian Games ? or that was just one tournament in this weight because he didn't want to cut weight twice in two weeks ? :question: @Griff88 nevertheless it's insane to break the World Record in your first competition in the new category. he is surely lighter than 81kg.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

This time a World Record from Group B :d and guess who ? the man who re-invented this tactic, Rahmat Erwin Abdullah 

he will most probably take the total gold medal but his total record is not that unbeatable. 

I wonder if he is moving to 81 kg for the Asian Games ? or that was just one tournament in this weight because he didn't want to cut weight twice in two weeks ? :question: @Griff88 nevertheless it's insane to break the World Record in your first competition in the new category. he is surely lighter than 81kg.

again :d so he will participate in Paris in Group B also or what :roflmao:

oh thanks God Wikipedia provides records of previous Groups , his record is 145 Snatch , 209 C&J WR and 354 total , i wonder why he made only 1 attempt in Snatch , his snatch record is very weak and last WCH this total wasn't enough for even bronze 

Edited by thepharoah

13 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

again :d so he will participate in Paris in Group B also or what :roflmao:

I don't think we will have a Group B in Paris :d (since it's just 12 weightlifters)

he has to come up with another tactic :d

:ITA Oscar Reyes is the new World Champion in the men's -81kg! :cheer:

he lifted 163kg in the snatch (2nd) and 193kg in the C&J (thanks to the very generous judges, tbh) for a 356kg Total

the Overall silver went to :INA Rahmat Abdullah, thanks to his unbelievable C&J world record who moved him up to 354kg in the Olympic Total

all these marks, however, don't mean anything in terms of the -89kg class OQR

and now, in about 30 mins, it's time for the great comeback of :ITA Antonino Pizzolato, who hasn't lift in an official competition since the 2022 European Champs (when he won with at the time an amazing WR in C&J and Total, improved by :BUL Karlos Nasar at the last World Champs) 

can't wait! the hype is high :fingers:

1 hour ago, phelps said:

and now, in about 30 mins, it's time for the great comeback of :ITA Antonino Pizzolato, who hasn't lift in an official competition since the 2022 European Champs (when he won with at the time an amazing WR in C&J and Total, improved by :BUL Karlos Nasar at the last World Champs) 

can't wait! the hype is high :fingers:

Well the hype fizzled fast with the 3 X's in the Snatch. Is he still injured and this was only for the appearance?