website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

I am worried about African American situation in USA. I am worried about systematical racism towards ethnic minorities in USA. I am worried about the guns abuse in USA. I am worried about the unlimited civil wars and proxy wars in Syria, Libya, Yemen, Afghanistan and so on. I am worried about the Israel annexation of Palestine. I am worried about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and meaningless death of both sides. I am worried about lots of things and I decide to assign the general manager of NBA to resolve these otherwise I will boycott NBA from next season.

14 hours ago, Vojthas said:

My Muslim friend is much more worried and making the topic noise since at least two-three years.

Still, IOC seems not to be worried at all about the execution of Navid Afkari. But I can't be sure as they didn't let me ask a question about it. Fuck those Bach conferences, I' m not watching this shit anymore.

To be entirely fair to the IOC, why would they need to have some opinion on an execution in Iran? Not saying it's good what happened and there's plenty of organizations who can and do support their concern with these kind of things, but why would the IOC be one of them in this case and not in every execution case, because he happened to wrestle in his youth or something (as I think our Iranian friend here explained)?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 hours ago, heywoodu said:

To be entirely fair to the IOC, why would they need to have some opinion on an execution in Iran? Not saying it's good what happened and there's plenty of organizations who can and do support their concern with these kind of things, but why would the IOC be one of them in this case and not in every execution case, because he happened to wrestle in his youth or something (as I think our Iranian friend here explained)?

If the IRI builds their anti-human political propaganda around the sports, then I think they should intervene. And it's not only IRI, just the case of death makes it more visible.

17 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

I am worried about African American situation in USA. I am worried about systematical racism towards ethnic minorities in USA. I am worried about the guns abuse in USA. I am worried about the unlimited civil wars and proxy wars in Syria, Libya, Yemen, Afghanistan and so on. I am worried about the Israel annexation of Palestine. I am worried about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and meaningless death of both sides. I am worried about lots of things and I decide to assign the general manager of NBA to resolve these otherwise I will boycott NBA from next season.

But you are not worried about the countless issues in your country?

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

But you are not worried about the countless issues in your country?

Of course I do, and even more than above issues. I am worried about the livelihood of ordinary people including me. I am worried about the unemployment rate rise. I am worried about all consequences caused by he pandemic and the degree of recovery. But I just don’t think any sports federation should be responsible for them and should not be the battle ground for people condemning each other. I just hate politics interfere sports.

Okay, this topic took a turn in a direction I did not expect. I posted here to gripe about the IOC, but I apologize for all the finger-pointing it’s caused. I guess this serves as a good example of why the IOC trends steps nowadays.

I was just saying that I felt like IOC could take more decision action in matters of international sports and human rights, since the event they govern is supposed to be a beacon of both.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...