website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see LA2028 reveal their logo(s) soon be the way. They have removed all the bid logos from their social media pages, and have posted a weird promotional video seeming to hint at a announcement coming sometime soon. Plus, their presentation the IOC at the General Session (which I read last week), talked about some branding milestones coming up too.

Given how everything is getting boycotted in the last few hours I don't expect the logo to be unveiled anytime soon.

Hell, I expect Los Angeles to cancel the Games alltogether to make a statement. That would be oh-so fitting in this politically-skewed era. Cancel Culture Rulezzzz :cheer:

• 3 weeks later...

According to Coates, it is unlikely Iran will be banned from the Olympic Games: https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1098447/navid-afkari-execution-olympic-ban-iran

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

A real shame. Catherine was a great media contact. I was a little sad reading her letter this morning.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Under the Olympic Charter, the IOC is supposed to ban the United States from participation in the Olympic Games for government interference. 

Bach also warned Italy and the Republic of Korea about government interference this week, so we could see some major challenges to the IOC’s power.

India and Kuwait have both served bans this century for government interference. 

I hope Italy is going to get a ban for the Tokyo Games next week (October 7th is the D-day)...

if that's the only way to get rid of this stupid minister of sports we have, who's making damages every time he opens his mouth, I'm ready to pay the prize...

if they let him stay in charge, he's going to destroy our sport once and forever...:facepalm: :wall:

On 29/09/2020 at 17:31, Olympian1010 said:

A real shame. Catherine was a great media contact. I was a little sad reading her letter this morning

“Adapt to a changing landscape”

what a politically correct euphemism for “ass kissing 1976 Gold Medalist, fencing, Thomas Bach”

Man, the IOC sure is “very worried” about a lot of things nowadays. They’re “very worried” about the Uighur situation in China. They’re “very worried” about Lukashenko banning athletes from competing who speak out against him. They’re “very worried” about the governance situation at the AIBA and IWF. They’re “very worried” about government interference in NOC affairs in Italy, Korea, and United States. They’re “very worried” about the strength of anti-doping programs. 

They’ve made that an empty phrase for me honestly. Imagine if they acted on those concerns...

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

They’re “very worried” about the Uighur situation in China.

My Muslim friend is much more worried and making the topic noise since at least two-three years.

Still, IOC seems not to be worried at all about the execution of Navid Afkari. But I can't be sure as they didn't let me ask a question about it. Fuck those Bach conferences, I' m not watching this shit anymore.

5 hours ago, Vojthas said:

My Muslim friend is much more worried and making the topic noise since at least two-three years.

Still, IOC seems not to be worried at all about the execution of Navid Afkari. But I can't be sure as they didn't let me ask a question about it. Fuck those Bach conferences, I' m not watching this shit anymore.

Is your Muslim friend worried about Yemen too?