website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

I am really torn today 

i am a huge of Rhys but i would love to watch medals for Jordan both here and more impirtantly in Paris

i hope both of them will qualify for Paris in the end

and let the better Man win today!

4 men looking for one spot today. All with legitimate chances to win gold here and in Paris. With Kurbanov likely to be back in contention at the World Cup qualifying route next year, we could see 2 of the worlds best not even at the Olympics 

I just hope Rhys performs to the best of his ability today but I’m really nervous for him

Looks like Rhys is the last athlete to take to the pommel in the final and I don't think that is necessarily going to help him. Whilst he will know what he needs to do to win - both in terms of the gold medal and a quota to Paris - it puts him under a lot more pressure than he would have if he was going out in the first group of 4. He found himself in similar position in Tokyo and it didn't work out well for him and when he won the World Champs last year, he was up 3rd in final. 

Maybe I am biased, but I think the start order of the final today could favour Whitlock. We know he is in good form with 2 good routines in the team competition - and we saw in Tokyo what can happen when he goes out early and is able to lay down a big score. Today, Whitlock will be 2nd after Olympic silver medalist Lee Chih Kai of :TPE.

Finally I'm caught up on everything and can watch live and first thing I see is Biles messing up her final....oops :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!