website statistics

Rowing WR World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

Please do list them. 

I don't plan to waste my time on that. But yeah even with the non Eueopean explaination given it's still way below par sport.  

Maybe cricket can call itself to be more competitive globally even if you remove expat countries from the list. 

6 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Rowing has to be one of the least competitive sports to be part of Olympics. Europeans might not like it but yeah it should be cut down to just 4 or 5 events per gender.  Surely over 100 non Olympic sports exist which have a more competitive field than rowing. 

Easy enough sport to compete in. All you need is a reasonably flat lake & some not-very expensive boats.  

7 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Easy enough sport to compete in. All you need is a reasonably flat lake & some not-very expensive boats.  

I think you are glossing over that the lake/water area needs to be at least 2km long. It's one of those sports that is either very cheap or very expensive to host

8 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I think you are glossing over that the lake/water area needs to be at least 2km long. It's one of those sports that is either very cheap or very expensive to host

Think I read somewhere that the course for LA2028 is only going to be 1500m 

8 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

For international competition, sure, but here in Britain we have historic rowing clubs on some very oddly shaped bits of water.

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I don't plan to waste my time on that. But yeah even with the non Eueopean explaination given it's still way below par sport.  

Maybe cricket can call itself to be more competitive globally even if you remove expat countries from the list. 

Should Hockey have been thrown out of the Olympics when India won it every 4 years. How about Diving? 7 out of 8 Gold for China or Table Tennis? 4 out of 5 Golds for China?

2 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Think I read somewhere that the course for LA2028 is only going to be 1500m 

Yes, that is the current plan. It’s the same venue as 1932, but the city (Long Beach) built a road bridge over the later part of the course. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yes, that is the current plan. It’s the same venue as 1932, but the city (Long Beach) built a road bridge over the later part of the course. 

And of course the IOC are going to take the $$$$ rather than defend the integrity of the sport.  :thumbdown: