website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

1 minute ago, dcro said:

In law you also usually have a little thing called "force majeure". In such scenario normal rules should not apply in some instances.

But alright, I guess all those cheaters will have a new arrow in their quiver for Paris 2024 and onwards - release a deadly virus and hope the blasted thing gets rescheduled. :cheer:

Hey! Don’t give Russia any ideas :stop:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

In law you also usually have a little thing called "force majeure". In such scenario normal rules should not apply in some instances.

But alright, I guess all those cheaters will have a new arrow in their quiver for Paris 2024 and onwards - release a deadly virus and hope the blasted thing gets rescheduled. :cheer:

Just introduce life bans for caught cheaters and this whole thing is no issue anymore :evil: 

Spoiler

Yes, I know there are legitimate reasons not to actually have life bans for first time cheaters.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The gray area now is age limits from what I gather. “Only people older than 15 as of the start of the Olympics can compete.” NOCs seem to arguing for strict interpretation or loose interpretation of some rules like that.

limit cancelled because of that thing called "Skateboarding"...

now it's up to the single federations only to set up some kind of reasonable age limit (and I fear some IFs are not going for the right decisions)...

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Just introduce life bans for caught cheaters and this whole thing is no issue anymore :evil: 

Hide contents

Yes, I know there are legitimate reasons not to actually have life bans for first time cheaters.

the ioc has tried many times to set up a law to not allow any previously caught cheater to take part into the Games anymore in their life, but CAS has always rejected those attempts...

and they also cancelled the 8-year ban some IFs tried to apply to the 1st time caught cheaters...

it's not easy to fight against a world that most times has more regard for the criminals than the victims...:whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally someone stated the obvious. If no vaccine is developed by next summer, the Olympics will hardly go forward at all...

https://www.pennews.net/sports/2020/04/28/hard-to-hold-tokyo-olympics-in-2021-sans-covid-19-vaccine-japan-medical-asso

#banbestmen

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dcro said:

Apparently the postponement will cost the IOC (alone) 800 million USD.

Which we learned during the worst press conference in IOC history ?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

44 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

I'd say the 8-year-term is too much, I'm getting already tired of Bach's speaking instead of saying.

I’ve always been a Bach supporter, but the last 2-3 years have really made me lose faith in him. If I got to vote for the next IOC President, I’d vote for Pound.

3 hours ago, Vojthas said:

I'd say the 8-year-term is too much, I'm getting already tired of Bach's speaking instead of saying.

Every new IOC president seems to take the totalitarian role one step further, Bach took two steps :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!