website statistics

Swimming 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

On 6/19/2023 at 2:24 PM, OlympicsFan said:

Really weird comment. 
1) There is no reason to consider Titmus the favorite in the 400 free.

2) You say that you trust McIntosh more than Smith but not enough to beat Titmus in the 400 free (despite swimming a world record this season and being much younger)? In 2021 and 2022 McIntosh improved by more than 2 seconds from trials to worlds/Olympics. I would almost be shocked if she wouldn’t go 3:54 at worlds. 

So what about that now? :p

18 minutes ago, NMQ said:

Another world record, but this one outside world championships...

it was in the air after the crazy 95 meters he swum yesterday in the 100m race

like all the Russians, he's had now 1 and half year to "build" himself with no eyes on :whistle:

5 hours ago, phelps said:

it was in the air after the crazy 95 meters he swum yesterday in the 100m race

like all the Russians, he's had now 1 and half year to "build" himself with no eyes on :whistle:

He was 24 flat like at 18 yo? Not shocking at all tbh, the guy is crazy talented.

8 hours ago, NMQ said:

He was 24 flat like at 18 yo? Not shocking at all tbh, the guy is crazy talented.

I'd rather say he matured at a very young age...then he went through the classic "sticky" phase when he couldn't even catch up with his fellow "patriot" Rylov anymore

now he's back improving (and not by a small margin) in this particular period when all the Russians should be supposed to face enormous troubles because of the Country's situation

obviously I don't have any recent proof (because we all know what they were doing between 2008 and 2014...and I don't think anything has changed since then out there, given that nothing has changed in their ideological and political leadership...and however, it's not me that should investigate on that), call me biased, do whatever you want, but please, don't ask me to trust any (and I underline ANY) Russian athlete in any sport

22 hours ago, NMQ said:

So what about that now? :p

I am still shocked, but good for you. A shame that you didn't enter the prediction contest.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• 3 weeks later...

Will be interesting to see how many entries this gets.  I am not predicting a need for enormous timetable revisions.

World Aquatics will debut a new open category for transgender athletes at this year's Swimming World Cup event in Berlin.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/swimming/66505976