website statistics

Boxing 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, Dragon said:

"A breakaway international governing body for boxing is set to be announced tomorrow by a group of National Federations tomorrow in a bid to save the sport's place on the Olympic programme.

A group of countries, led by the United States and Great Britain, will officially confirm they are quitting the International Boxing Association (IBA), led by Russia's Umar Kremlev, to launch a new organisation called "World Boxing". 

An online briefing is due to be staged by tomorrow and will be attended by four "boxing leaders" with representatives from USA Boxing and GB Boxing joined by a group of European countries. 

They are promising to make a "major global announcement regarding the future of Olympic boxing".

"Four boxing leaders will be available to answer questions about this worldwide development which is designed to secure boxing's on-going place at the heart of the Olympic Movement and deliver a better future for the sport," read a statement from the organisers."

the distribution of the future Olympic medals between the USA and GBR has started. :whistle:

I do really hope that the IOC will get rid of this farce that's become OLympic boxing.

10 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

I can’t see them backing them for long once Putin demands they do not. 

hi Donald, I thought you left this world since Tokyo Olympics didn't get cancelled

what else you can see or can't see in the future. tell us more. you are the only one capable of seeing what's ahead of us :d 

25 minutes ago, MHSN said:

hi Donald, I thought you left this world since Tokyo Olympics didn't get cancelled

what else you can see or can't see in the future. tell us more. you are the only one capable of seeing what's ahead of us :d 

This boxing situation might actually escalate into the entire Paris Olympics being cancelled. In fact, that is extremely likely!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

This boxing situation might actually escalate into the entire Paris Olympics being cancelled. In fact, that is extremely likely!

Do you think France might be completely cancelled? And if it was there would a really nice ocean between Belgium and Spain where you could hold Olympic surfing instead of having to go to Tahiti.

• 1 month later...

IBA announced the 2024 Women's World Championships will be held in Astana, Kazakhstan. Gold medallists will receive 200k US dollars so it's 100% raise from the 100k prize at the last WCh in New Delhi. Money is always one thing that could make athletes reconsider the potential boycott...