website statistics

Boxing 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• 4 weeks later...

:CUB Olympic Boxing team accepted the invitation from our Boxing federation to have a training camp here in the purpose to also help (read: Teach) our boxers obviously :yikes:

In this occassion they visited Slovak Olympic Museum in Bratislava just to apparently play some table hockey there :p

Kuba%205.jpg?itok=cbdrf_dt

Kuba%204.jpg?itok=VNll21UG

Edited by hckošice

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

First time I see table football with hockey players :p

Serious ?

it is quite widespread, admittedly not as much as table football though.

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Do they have this in Canada too? ;)

Pretty sure, since it´s North-American invention :d

stolny-hokej-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

:USA will boycott both world championships held by the IBA this year. Governance issues, along with the IBA’s decision to let BLR/RUS boxers compete with their flag and anthem, cited as mains factors for the boycott.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Dragon said:

Rumours are that  Australia, Canada, England, Ireland and the Netherlands will follow the USA and not send any boxers

There will be much bigger problems if boycotts extend to continental multi-sport events. I’m not sure how many of those events are overseen by the IBA still, but boycotts could leave Olympic qualification a mess (assuming the sport is still on the program at the end of the year.)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

I don't think have the IBA have any part in the Olympic qualifying system (same as Tokyo)

Are they not governing some of the multi-sports games tournaments? I thought they still had a hand in some?