website statistics

Athletics 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

14 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Not the worst idea - hugely increases potential hosting opportunitis - lots of places in the southern hemisphere don't need a roof, probably moving towards a standardisation of the track dimensions, more focus on the camber, the bank turns, the short straights as a separate discipline to the 'long track'. Also allows 'short track' to experiment with new events ('weight-for-height, 'indoor' hammer, kilo, 200 m 'pursuit'-style starts, 2000m steeple etc...

Worst part of the idea is then that many events will be exactly the same. What will be the differensen between long course or short course high jump, long jump, shot put etc? 
only affects the running, the long throws non-existence and the multipla events. I mean they are still so similar that the inspiration wr are considered as overall WR now. And without even have the weather as a difference...

6 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

It’s on Viaplay in :SWE

Not on Viaplay in :GBR though, our one is a pile of shite. Only showing 2 games of the Summer Bash, which means I have to pay £4.95 to watch my team play on a stream that doesn't even work most of the time instead of on a channel I pay £15 a month for where all 7 Bash games should be on.  

33 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Not on Viaplay in :GBR though, our one is a pile of shite. Only showing 2 games of the Summer Bash, which means I have to pay £4.95 to watch my team play on a stream that doesn't even work most of the time instead of on a channel I pay £15 a month for where all 7 Bash games should be on.  

It’s on VP Xtra 07:30 Sunday FTA.