website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

3 hours ago, bestmen said:

use your power on African teams 

I listed the teams i prefered qualifying :d If i have to do it with the African playoffs, i prefere DR Congo, Algeria, Tunisia, Nigeria and Senegal qualifying. So this probably won't help Algeria much :d

:ALG has no chance , this new director of federation dislocated the team , the coach is working under pressure while players need a good climate to performing 

Mahrez missed the last chance , 

so Cameroon will win today with a large score ,the return match will be equality 

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Canada lost 1-0 to Costa Rica so we'll have to wait until at least Sunday before we can qualify.

This does make Canada's quest in getting to Pot 3 a bit harder, I think we needed to win all 3 of our matches to make it without needing results to go our way.

I just want them to get in before I start worrying about which pot they're in.  

My understanding is Canada needs ONE of the following to happen in the next stage of group matches for them to qualify for the WC:

-Canada wins or ties

-Costa Rica ties or loses

-USA loses

USA/CR play their last game against each other, so if they're both 3 points behind Canada at that time they both can't win to get into the top 3, hence why a USA loss next game against Panama gets Canada in.  And hey, Panama beat them in the previous game.  

13 minutes ago, orangeman said:

I just want them to get in before I start worrying about which pot they're in.  

My understanding is Canada needs ONE of the following to happen in the next stage of group matches for them to qualify for the WC:

-Canada wins or ties

-Costa Rica ties or loses

-USA loses

USA/CR play their last game against each other, so if they're both 3 points behind Canada at that time they both can't win to get into the top 3, hence why a USA loss next game against Panama gets Canada in.  And hey, Panama beat them in the previous game.  

Canada is qualified dude, don't sweat it. There is simply no way Costa Rica can overcome the +9 GD lead you have over them.

2 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Canada is qualified dude, don't sweat it. There is simply no way Costa Rica can overcome the +9 GD lead you have over them.

Yes, but with all do respect, shut up shut up shut up!  :d

Never underestimate Canada's love of finishing 4th.

:MKD wow! :hyper::yikes::hyper: 

That guy making the winning goal must already have 10 statues in the country now that the sun is up :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Yeah, well, that last step was not the most memorable one for sure, but :ECU made it to its 4th World Cup :clap:

This was overall a brilliant qualifiers for Ecuador, The most successfull one, as a country more famous in the last decades for its wins at home legendary "Atahualpa" unconquerable fortress, this time collected also several extremely valuable points from away games, with the most important was definitely the win in Chile.

All in all, 4th World Cup :bounce:

Congratulations North Macedonia, once again they proved they deserved to finish the preliminary group on 2nd place, against Romania. What a season for them, winning in Germany and Italy in same qualification campain. :clap:

7 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

It's a no brainer for me: I'll root for Macedonia all the way.

Can’t judge this, if I was not Portuguese I would for sure cheer for Macedonia, they are amazing.

Dont know why but to me this gives me vibes of Greece in Euro 2004 (not a good feeling for Portugal haha)