website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

29 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Our NT is in big trouble once again, (the situation was already bad) the team is officially divided now. there were strong rumors that the current Croat coach will be fired and someone else (most probably Carlos Queiroz) will coach the team in Qatar. half of NT players posted a statement on their IG against this claiming NT players don't want any change at the moment and few hours later the other half posted another statement saying this

now everybody is counting, who is in Group 1 and who is in Group 2. interestingly some players (at least 2) posted both statements on their instagrams :lol: we already knew some of these guys are dumb, they just confirmed it.

it's hard to see Dragan Skocic coaching this team in Qatar after this. half of the team clearly don't even respect him, but if they change the coach what they are going to do with the other half ? this is just disastrous :facepalm:

when Skocic took over Iran was in deep shit after losing to Iraq and Bahrain in the first round. but he won back to back matches and qualified for the WC, still nobody gave him credit. I feel sorry for him, personally I think it's dumb to change the coach right now. but I guess that's inevitable now.

Yikes

• 1 month later...

Vahid Halihodzic has been fired as the :MAR coach. I guess Hakim Ziyech will be playing in Qatar then :p

This is the third time Halihodzic has been fired after qualifying to a World Cup (Ivory Coast 2010 and Japan 2018 before). He managed to coach Algeria in 2014 where they advanced from group stage before losing to Germany.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 3:44 AM, MHSN said:

Our NT is in big trouble once again, (the situation was already bad) the team is officially divided now. there were strong rumors that the current Croat coach will be fired and someone else (most probably Carlos Queiroz) will coach the team in Qatar. half of NT players posted a statement on their IG against this claiming NT players don't want any change at the moment and few hours later the other half posted another statement saying this

our football is a circus (and not even a good one!) you would laugh hard if I write what happened in past few months. lots of things happened, Dragon Skocic almost lost his job (it looked like a done deal in July when I wrote this post) but all of a sudden things have changed and he kept his position to coach the team in Qatar

but couple months later a new guy won the IRIFF election (actually the old guy who was in charge for years) and just yesterday Skocic was told that he is fired. still waiting for official confirmation but this time it sounds 99% official that Carlos Queiroz will coach Iran NT for the 3rd World Cup in a row !

but still in Iran, 99% is not 100%. things can change in a heartbeat but based on news Queiroz is coming back on Friday to sign the contract.

• 2 weeks later...

:CAN vs :URU  Test match the 27th september will be played in Bratislava :d

You may wonder the surprise I felt after reading the title, to later just find out that :CAN national Team actually will have a 10 days special training camp in Slovakia :cheer:

however even more surprising was the fact that they did not select the X-Bionic sphere complex in Šamorín but for some reason they picked Dunajská Streda with local MOL arena (You know that city near the SVK-HUN border, known for their club with let´s call them politely "famous" pro-Hungarian/anti-Slovak oriented fanbase) and booked the whole complex for 10 days :yikes:

Anyway, what a moment for Slovakia to have a WC particpant having a camp here :)

Edited by hckošice

• 1 month later...

And what Iran Footballers Have done bad to society or women to be ripped of their dreams to play in WC,  this is really became anticlimactic for me to get revenge from regimes from their sporting men or women 

Edited by thepharoah