website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

:CAN wins 2-0 over :ESA after scoring what might be (and I am not exaggerating) one of the luckiest  goals in the history of football. In added time Borjan made a spectacular save and David scores a goal when all of El Salvador was pressing for an equalizer.

:CAN is not yet qualified for sure, but it would take an insane sequence of events for Canada not to qualify. Three points out of three matches would do it even if none of the other results are favorable.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

I think it’s looking certain CAS will either be ignored or abolished if they block FIFA banning Russia? Will CAS want that? 

Great fucking idea, let's abolish the one institution that everyone recognizes as a legitimate neutral court for the world of sports, that will surely solve everything...

I can understand people's emotions but this is setting a precedent, which will be used in future. Iran will claim that Israel is at war with it and hence they are within their rights to deny their athletes visa, which is much lower than banning Russia. Same with India-Pakistan Serbia-Kosovo and many others. 

Just now, Dolby said:

I can understand people's emotions but this is setting a precedent, which will be used in future. Iran will claim that Israel is at war with it and hence they are within their rights to deny their athletes visa, which is much lower than banning Russia. Same with India-Pakistan Serbia-Kosovo and many others. 

When is the last time an Israeli athlete competed in Iran? 

6 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Great fucking idea, let's abolish the one institution that everyone recognizes as a legitimate neutral court for the world of sports, that will surely solve everything...

It will happen through if CAS decide to allow Russia to compete. FIFA won’t want to have to cancel the World Cup simply becuase a Court says Russia can’t be expelled. Withdrawing from CAS might be their only option. 

‘French Football Federation president Noel le Graet suggested Russia should be banned from the World Cup, telling French media outlet Le Parisien he would "lean towards" the move.

From the BBC. I suspect if Russia are then not banned France will withdraw.