website statistics

Rowing at the European Championships 2022

Totallympics

23 hours ago, Makedonas said:

All six of our crews made the A Finals :thumbup:

Bourmpou/Fragkou finished 6th as expected.

Papakonstantinou looking like a lock to win a medal in the men's lightweight single.

Kalandaridis/Palaiopanos a pleasant surprise after they previously struggled in the men's category, they look like a 50/50 chance to win a medal.

Ntouskos I think is likely to win a medal too but not certain.

Even Fitsiou might win a medal.

I can't see Anastasiadou win a medal which is frustrating because if we put her in the lightweight single and stead of the single, she would've been the clear favourite to win gold...

Also interesting that Ahmet Rapi representing Sweden actually grew up in Greece. Never would have guessed it based on the name of course :yikes:

I underestimated our chances in the end, we got 4 medals, the most since 2011 for us.

Papakonstantinou gold which was pretty much expected.

Fitsiou silver which was a nice surprise, I didn't really expect it but was hoping she could sneak a bronze.

Anastasiadou silver which is amazing considering she is 20 years old, 165 cm and won silver in the women's sculls beating the likes of Foester and Lobnig.

Ntouskos silver, I hope he can really continue to increase his medal collection over the next few years.

Kalandaridis/Palaiopanos 5th in the men's double which is a respectable result for the young crew in a tough event.

Overall a good regatta for Greece (which could have been a disaster after several of our rowers tested positive for Covid and had to withdraw), we've won several medals at all four major regattas so far this year (and gold in each, actually this was the only time we only won one gold). I'm curious to see how much these young athletes between now and Paris 2024.

1 hour ago, Makedonas said:

Congratulations on the gold! I'm happy Ntouskos won the silver, but it's bittersweet as he was so close to gold. Still, it was Ntouskos' second medal at the senior level (his first was the Olympic gold last year), which is really good, especially since a particular German on this site was calling his gold last year suspicious...

The cameramen are embarrassing. They showed Foester (bronze) before Anastasiadou (silver) in the women's single which was annoying but I understood as Foester is German and this is in Germany.

However, they did not show Ntouskos' celebration once! They showed Vasilev (bronze) and Zeidler (4th) reacting after the finish line, but never once did we get to see Ntouskos' reaction/celebration. Absolutely shameful. If this was in Greece, I can't imagine what the Germans would say if we did not show their silver medalist but showed the bronze and 4th place...

I watch a lot of rowing and I've never seen them show the bronze medalist and 4th place but not the silver medalist...

Is there a place to see splits per 100m or something? Vasilev's last part of the race was rather insane :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Is there a place to see splits per 100m or something? Vasilev's last part of the race was rather insane :d 

no, we only have as usual the 500m splits on the official website...

the Bulgarian has a 1.47.58 split in the last 500m...

Twellaar 1.50.09, Ntouskos 1.52.21

22 minutes ago, phelps said:

no, we only have as usual the 500m splits on the official website...

the Bulgarian has a 1.47.58 split in the last 500m...

Twellaar 1.50.09, Ntouskos 1.52.21

And I bet most of those 2,5 seconds or so came in the last 150m :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!