website statistics

Men's Football AFC Asian Cup 2023

Totallympics

Feel sad for Team melli ,:( in tournament football perhaps the best team doesn’t always win. This team has so much quality , hopefully they will do well in 2026. Good luck to Qatar & Jordan . They were certainly not my picks for the final but they deserve to be in the final. 

OK, semifinal curse again :(. 7th semifinal defeat in a row. and I'm old enough to remember 4 of them. this is not suppose to happen and I'm sure it won't happen anytime soon, most probably never. 

that was 2004 all over again, Iran eliminated the best team of tournament, celebrated too much and choked against a not-so-good host team. today they missed so many chances when the score was 1-0 and again 2-2 but then lots of mistakes, some stupid subs. a very very bad day for some of our key players and here we go. we managed to lose to the weakest possible team we could face in the semifinal.

at the end Qatar won fair and square. congrats to their team and their fake fans in the stadium.

7 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

I see happy ladies yes in this photo 

Must admit, first time I see Qatari ladies celebrating in a stadium. :d was nice and really refreshing, because I found the QAT male fans quite annoying :p

Still from my point of view, I found it Quite unusual to say the least, but again, I do not really follow QAT football competitions so closely, so maybe it is nowadays perfectly normal (which would be cool ofc)

42 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Must admit, first time I see Qatari ladies celebrating in a stadium. :d was nice and really refreshing, because I found the QAT male fans quite annoying :p

Still from my point of view, I found it Quite unusual to say the least, but again, I do not really follow QAT football competitions so closely, so maybe it is nowadays perfectly normal (which would be cool ofc)

well there's no fans in Qatar except these tournament and emir cup final :d , all the time stadiums are empty in their local matches , so i'm not sure this is the 1st time or not , but i guess Qatar yes is very closed society , but it's not up normal to see local women attending events and ofc WC made the Qatari society more open . 

What an interesting final!  Jordan reached here for the first time while Qatar looking to repeat the glory they took last edition. And only the 3rd All-Arab final at the championships so far.

Heartbreaking for Iran as I think almost everybody have seen them as champions.

I am routing for Jordan since they are my favorite West Asian team since more than two decades ago.