website statistics

Men's Football AFC Asian Cup 2023

Totallympics

what a crazy match, Korea tried hard to score two late goals and took the lead but then Malaysia tied the match in minute 90+15 :d which wasn't that bad for KOR, they avoided Japan but got KSA (most probably) instead

sooo if we beat Syria (which won't be easy at all) we will get Japan in the QF. :d

and btw, ugly match from Jordan :thumbdown: they lost intentionally, the 2nd half was hard to watch

Edited by MHSN

Oman is the most unlucky team in the world , all Arab teams including Palestine qualify to next round , but they are out and they were qualifying until last 10 minutes , also they accepted a very late goal against KSA in the 1st match which would have been enough now to qualify with 

so, now we know the bracket

:TJK vs :UAE

:IRQ vs :JOR

:AUS vs :INA

:KSA vs :KOR

:IRI vs :SYR

:BRN vs :JPN

:QAT vs :PLE

:UZB vs :THA

AFC 5 big teams are in two quarters which means only 2 of them can advance to the semifinal. 

KSA/KOR is the biggest match here. 

Edited by MHSN

OMG ! Iraq was leading 2-1 until 95th munite and they lost at the end against Jordan 3-2 , I didn't watch the match but the top scorer of Asian Cup Ayman Hussein received red card after scoring the 2nd goal , do u know why he was red booked @MHSN , I thought at the beginning he forgot and took his shirt , but that wasn't the case :d very harsh loss for Iraq , very big dissapoimtment 

Edited by thepharoah

2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

OMG ! Iraq was leading 2-1 until 95th munite and they lost at the end against Jordan 3-2 , I didn't watch the match but the top scorer of Asian Cup Ayman Hussein received red card after scoring the 2nd goal , do u know why he was red booked @MHSN , I thought at the beginning he forgot and took his shirt , but that wasn't the case :d very harsh loss for Iraq , very big dissapoimtment 

yeah that match is a hot topic here, specially because the ref is Iranian (I mean was Iranian, Faghani now represents Australia)

he probably tried to mock the Jordanians, trying the same goal celebration they did but some of his actions might be considered offensive. I wouldn't gave him a second yellow but Faghani is known for these kind of decisions. once he even changed the Iranian league Champion by a similar red card.

well that was like 2015 Iran-Iraq match, Iran was leading 1-0 comfortably but the Australian ref sent off a player (I say wrongly) and that changed the match, Iran had to play 90 minutes with one man down and the match ended 3-3 (Iraq won on penalties) 

what goes around comes around, Iraqis can't complain about this. :d