website statistics

Men's Football AFC Asian Cup 2023

Totallympics

I also hope that Jordan wins , the match will be between the best 2 players in the tournament so far Akram Afif and Mousa Al Tamari , very talented players indeed , match is open for all options ofc , I hope Bein Sport will broadcast it on their open channel in Nilesat :d

Here is the summary of the match,  1st penalty is definitely not a penalty for me , Afif was the one that went into direction of Jordan player , 2nd one I won't whistle it after giving the same team a penalty , 3rd one I guess is OK from this angle in this summary , I heard Abu Dhabi Sport officiating expert saying referee was given different angles than what was shown on TV , so overall winning final by 3 penalties is something that takes a lot of credit from the winning team , but they are the Champions that is what is written in history books 

19 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Iraqis are the happiest people on earth now :d who would have thought that Qatar will win Asian Cup 2 times in a row , really sad for Jordan :(

What a pity for Jordan. They had great chances and imagine the impact if that ball placed with the heel would have found the net! But of course the refs made more than possible that Qatar would win.

One thing though I don't understand. Are Iraq and Jordan that much rivals in football? Because I suspect there is a certain amount of rivalry between every Arab nation but this as you put it it means more than that to me.

58 minutes ago, Thagard said:

What a pity for Jordan. They had great chances and imagine the impact if that ball placed with the heel would have found the net! But of course the refs made more than possible that Qatar would win.

One thing though I don't understand. Are Iraq and Jordan that much rivals in football? Because I suspect there is a certain amount of rivalry between every Arab nation but this as you put it it means more than that to me.

No they are not that much rivals , yet they are really happy because of Jordan vs Iraq match in R16 where Asian Cup Top Scrorer until yesterday Ayman Hussein was red booked by Referee for his celebrations after the goal he scored , since then Iraqis are cursing Jordan team and the Referee Faghani on Social media , so ofc they are happy now and speaking about Karma :d