website statistics

IMAGINARY SUMMER OLYMPICS - Poll #5 - Gymnastics Artistic, Women's Uneven Bars - Canoe Slalom, Men's C1 - Wrestling Greco-Roman, Men's Super Heavyweight

rafalgorka

IMAGINARY SUMMER OLYMPICS - Poll #5 - Gymnastics Artistic, Women's Uneven Bars - Canoe Slalom, Men's C1 - Wrestling Greco-Roman, Men's Super Heavyweight  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Event #5 - Gymnastics Artistic - Women's Uneven Bars

• Margit Korondi HUN 1952
    • Agnes Keleti HUN 1956
    • Polina Astakhova URS / UKR 1960 1964
    • Vera Caslavska TCH / CZE 1968
    • Karin Janz GDR / GER 1972
    • Nadia Comaneci ROU 1976
    • Maxi Gnauck GDR / GER 1980
    • Ma Yanhong CHN 1984
    • Julianne McNamara USA 1984
    • Daniela Silivas ROU 1988
    • Lu Li CHN 1992
    • Svetlana Khorkina RUS 1996 2000
    • Emilie Le Pennec FRA 2004
    • He Kexin CHN 2008
    • Aliya Mustafina RUS 2012 2016
    • Nina Derwael BEL 2020
  2. 2. Event #6 - Canoe Slalom - Men's C1

• Reinhard Eiben GDR / GER 1972
    • Lukas Pollert TCH / CZE 1992
    • Michal Martikan SVK 1996 2008
    • Tony Estanguet FRA 2000 2004 2012
    • Denis Chanut FRA 2016
    • Benjamin Savsek SLO 2020
  3. 3. Event #7 - Wrestling Greco-Roman - Men's Super Heavyweight

• Richard Weisz HUN 1908
    • Anatoly Roshchin URS / RUS 1972
    • Aleksandr Kolchinsky URS / UKR 1976 1980
    • Jeff Blatnick USA 1984
    • Aleksandr Karelin URS / EAU / RUS 1988 1992 1996
    • Rulon Gardner USA 2000
    • Khasan Baroev RUS 2004
    • Mijain Lopez CUB 2008 2012 2016 2020

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/2022 at 08:00 AM

I have decided to speed up things even more.

You can still vote in the Poll #4 - Badminton, Men's Singles. Voting for this event ends on Sunday 9 a.m. CET.

https://totallympics.com/topic/12828-imaginary-summer-olympics-poll-4-badminton-mens-singles/

But I may not have time to prepare a new poll on Sunday so it's already here.

As I told you earlier, from now on there will be 2-3 polls a week with 3 events in each poll.

These are olympic champions in certain events.

Imagine that all these champions are on the top of their game at the very same moment in time.

Who would have won gold?

Be aware that the voting ends at Wednesday March 9th, 9 a.m. CET.

These pollls are like event start lists, who would win, what you think?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Olympic_medalists_in_gymnastics_(women)#Uneven_bars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Olympic_medalists_in_canoeing_(men)#C-1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Olympic_medalists_in_Greco-Roman_wrestling#Super_heavyweight

@thiago_simoes any tips for gymnastics?

@hckošice canoe?

@MHSN wrestling tips? I have listened to your previous advice and I have decided that first wrestling poll will be Greco-Roman Super Heavyweight, looks like this is the most interesting wrestling event.

And one more thing.

After a very long deliberation I have decided that because these are our IMAGINARY Summer Olympics in an IMAGINARY world with no wars and no violence, all the former olympic champions from all over the world are allowed to participate. So there will be no ban for Russian or Belarussian or Saudi or North Korea or any-other-NOC-you-may-think-of athletes. Despite what is going on now here in Eurasia and despite my strong belief that ban for Russian and Belarussian athletes in real sports these days is a really good and rightful decision, I think that for the purpose of this series of polls... everyone's invited. These polls need to be fun and relief, a tiny chance to forget about real-life struggles, so that is how I see it.

So... let's vote!

RESULTS SUMMARY after Event #3

BOXING - Men's Super Heavyweight

1. :UKR Wladimir Klitschko UKR

2. :CUB Roberto Balado CUB

3. :GBR Anthony Joshua GBR

3. :CAN Lennox Lewis CAN

EQUESTRIAN - Eventing Individual

1. :NZL Mark Todd on Charisma NZL

2. :GER Michael Jung on Sam GER

3. :GER Julia Krajewski on Amande de B'Neville GER

FENCING - Women's Individual Épée

1. :FRA Laura Flessel FRA

2. :HUN Timea Nagy HUN

3. :CHN Sun Yiwen CHN

not truly an expert, but in the Gymnastics poll I picked :RUS Svetlana Khorkina...I think that at her best she was a class apart, especially in terms of artistic impression, compared to some totally unexpressive executing machines we've seen from time to time...

in Slalom Canoeing, it's a really tough battle between the 2 greatest champions in the history of the sport...I have a personal bias, so I picked :SVK Michal Martikan over Tony Estanguet, but it could well be the other way round...

for sure, there's a big hole between those 2 and the rest of the (still amazing) field...

in Wrestling, we also have a clash between 2 true titans of the whole world of sport, not only of the discipline...

my pick is still :RUS Alexandr Karelin, imho the second best sportsman overall pound for pound in the entire sports history...

I voted for Kexin. The only one who blends high difficulty and clean execution.

I'm surprised so many people voted for Mustafina. She was clean, but had the most boring routines in the world and could not perform super hard skills. Her routines were basically "easy" to medium skills connected, while Kexin connected unbelievably hard skills. Even Derwael, someone who I'm really not fond of, tried much harder things.

Mustafina's coach explored every breach in the code of points and it's almost unbelievable that she managed to be Olympic champion twice. This almost sounds like a seriously bad joke.

6 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Oh, that’s interesting . Who would be the first, then, in entire sport of wrestling?

I mean the entire world of sports, not only wrestling...:evil:

to me, the "Siberian bear" is second only to Michael Phelps, pound for pound...

I know it's always wrong to compare different sports and ages, but that's the target of this entire series of polls, it's just a game...

so, I feel comfortable playing...and that's my strictly personal opinion...;)

Hmm... I have a small problem with voting for Canoe Slalom C1 now. I was worried this kind of problem will happen sooner or later.

At this moment it looks like:

1. Estanguet FRA 2. Martikan SVK 3. Chanut FRA

But if these Imaginary Summer Olympics should be some kind of build-up to Paris 2024 games - should we use the nowadays athelete participation criteria? We are not certain how it will look in Paris so for the time being we can use Tokyo 2020 criteria.

That means only one athlete per NOC could participate in Canoe Slalom M C1 and there shouldn't be 2 medals for France in this event.

And if so, and there is a tie for 3rd place, anyone's vote can give bronze to somebody or I will have to pick the 3rd place by myself when voting ends.

What you think?

PS. Personally I think that previous rule, until Athens 2004, allowing 2 athletes from one NOC to participate in each individual canoe slalom event was better. But maybe we should stick to nowadays rules.

@hckošice your thoughts on that?