website statistics

Russia-Ukraine Crisis Consequences in Sports

Totallympics

@GrassmarketNo, he was apparently taking pictures of infrastructure buildings of "safety & military" importance and passed them over to Russian intelligence. There were more arrests made of people involved with this ring.

Sosnowiec lies within the most industrial region in Poland so there's plenty of objects he could have focused on in bordering cities & the region itself.

• 3 weeks later...

Russia and Belarus to be readmitted to gymnastics from January '24:

FIG to allow Russian and Belarusian athletes to compete as neutrals (insidethegames.biz)

From qualification timeline I think this means they wont be in artistic gymnastics team event but could qualify individual gymnasts through the world cup series and/or 2024 European qualifier.

They should be back in time to attempt qualification in rhythmic gymnastics for both team and individual through the 2024 European champs.

For trampoline, their route to qualification will be the '24 European continental qualifier as they may have missed too many events in the 23/24 World Cup Series to make much of an impact. 

So theoretically I think this means they could qualify 6 individuals in artistic, 8 in rhythmic and 2 in trampoline but they'd pretty much need to run the board at every European champs in 2024 for that to happen. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not too many I suppose. Maybe the ususal suspects Baltic states. 

I would think that as Ukraine being invaded and in a state of war, Ukrainian parliament would find something smarter to work on rather than this, but who am I to judge.