website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2024

Totallympics

9 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Bronze for Slovakia and 4th for Bulgaria had me questioning the quality of this competition. Then i went to see the results and people having 5-6-7-8 misses on the ranges explains it all. :d

It was pretty windy and snow was falling, so shooting conditions weren't ideal.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

20 minutes ago, hckošice said:

:NGR Nigeria  2 - 22  Turkiye :TUR

Believe it or not, this actually isn't the biggest deficit in a curling match at the YOG. 

:GBR 21 - 0 :BRA holds that honor from Lillehammer 2016

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Did the silver medalist in the men's 1500m short track inadvertently admit to a rules infraction? Quote: "Thanks to my coaches, and thanks to my team-mate for blocking the other racers to help me get silver."

That's technically illegal, no?

10 hours ago, hckošice said:

Event 9/81

SBD.png

SNOWBOARDING

Men's Snowboard Cross
Final Results

:FRA Jonas CHOLLET
-

:CAN Anthony SHELLY
-

:BRA Zion BETHONICO
-

Full Final Result HERE

Its VERY PROBABLE, the first winter olimpic medal for Latin America in the history.

Watching the ski jumping now, but really, there was that one guy somewhere at the IOC/LOCOG decision table who went "Hey guys, let's broadcast the ski jumping, but let's see how that works with just no graphics at all. No, I don't mean we skip the fancy things, we just don't use graphics...at all."

Sigh.

Edit: watched the first 10 jumpers or so, no graphics whatsoever, got angry and posted this. Continued watching and after the very first next jumper...graphics appeared :lol: 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

24 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Edit: watched the first 10 jumpers or so, no graphics whatsoever, got angry and posted this. Continued watching and after the very first next jumper...graphics appeared :lol: 

Yeah, I think there was just a problem with the graphics at the start.

A German slider already more than three seconds behind the leader after seven athletes in the first run...

Season 9 Wow GIF by The Office

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

A German slider already more than three seconds behind the leader after seven athletes in the first run...

Season 9 Wow GIF by The Office

German lugers make mistakes too... :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!