website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2024

Totallympics

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

:ITA might end up with 2025 WU, 2026 WO/WP, 2028 WO. They've already hosted the 2019 Winter Deaflympics and 2023 Winter EYOF, so I guess your nation's goal was to host every winter multi-sport event in the span of a decade :p

why not?

we have a lot of wonderful locations in the middle of the most beautiful mountains in the world...

when it's not down to "big stuff" (like the "true" Olympics), I think we are among the best possible hosts for Winter Sports

when major infrastructure is needed, well, that's another story (and most likely we're not a good choice, but I guess there was no better option when they awarded the 2026 Games to us) :cry: :facepalm:

8 hours ago, Josh said:

These games brought us memories to last a lifetime.

I wish I could say the same, I honestly do, but the total lack of interest from the IOC to bring these Games to the world have rather dampened my spirits about all this. In the end, it was mostly a matter of watching a bit of the small handful of things they offered* and just checking the results of the rest :p 

*which was so much curling and freestyle skiing/snowboarding, exactly the things I just am not really interested in. There's literally 5-6 hour stream videos on YouTube of slopestyle, but not a single minute of the ski and snowboard cross events.

Disappointment is the main memory that Gangwon 2024 leaves me, other than the cool Bethonico medal (which might have given me the most mixed feelings, because a historic medal like that is so much less fun when you just see it in a result, instead of when you actually see it happen and are 'living' the excitement).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

32 minutes ago, phelps said:

why not?

we have a lot of wonderful locations in the middle of the most beautiful mountains in the world...

when it's not down to "big stuff" (like the "true" Olympics), I think we are among the best possible hosts for Winter Sports

when major infrastructure is needed, well, that's another story (and most likely we're not a good choice, but I guess there was no better option when they awarded the 2026 Games to us) :cry: :facepalm:

I'd be kind of fine with every Youth Olympics being in Süd-Tirol for the foreseeable future :d 

Süd-Tirol is....amazing :wub: 

Whenever I watch the IBU Cups from places like Ridnaun or Martell, hearing the stadium speaker makes me all happy because apart from the whole place being so visually amazing, I just love the German version they speak :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Yang :CHN short track gold medal appears to be going viral on US sports social media at the moment. Weird timing, but alright (it was a great move).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yang :CHN short track gold medal appears to be going viral on US sports social media at the moment. Weird timing, but alright (it was a great move).

I assume mostly because of the massive confusion it caused at the 'finish'? :p