website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Los Angeles 2028 Sports Programme

While it was a terrible idea initially, DanceSport did well in promoting breaking around the world. Given the number of competing nations it has gone from almost non-existent to one of the biggest non-Olympic event.

16 minutes ago, El Analyzer said:

I was surprised breaking got the first chance 😂

I’m surprised breaking got its first chance too. But it seems like the sport has performed well since being added to Paris, and it is also likely among the cheapest sports to host. So I figured it would be added again just from a cost benefit analysis standpoint.

I will say, it is interesting how this was announced. There were conflicting media reports, the IOC Program Commission delayed their decision, then LA28 drops the press release this morning, and now the IOC still maintains the Olympic Program Commission has to sign off on the proposal, as well as, the IOC session.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

36 minutes ago, El Analyzer said:

Honestly speaking Breaking is not a bad sport.. it’s not my type but it claims a lot of attention from young generation specially 

atmosphere of the competition is very nice and adds amazing and attractive beauty to the event 

now it's better :p

Edited by phelps

I had a look at some Lacrosse numbers. Australia is by large the 3rd biggest Lacrosse country in the world with less than 5.000 registered players. I'd be surprised if there are more than 10.000 players worldwide besides the US and Canada. What an amazing deserving olympic sport.

Although I would rather not see T20 cricket (or any form for that matter) on the Olympic program, as I find it incredibly boring, can’t deny that it does bring a whole lot of fans to the Olympics. Flag football being included as a potential sport is a complete joke though. So f*cking boring to watch, and the US would pretty much have both gold medals guaranteed. Squash finally getting it’s chance was long overdue, although doesn’t help that an idiot like Mostafa Asal is near the top of the men’s World Rankings - he doesn’t exactly embody the Olympic principle. Stoked that Softball/baseball will be featured as well, really enjoyed watching both at Tokyo 2020. Fingers crossed we can have a full strength tournament with all the top MLB players participating. 

Sad that Karate/Kickboxing/Ultimate won’t be at LA 2028, hoping to see them included in future editions. Anyone know why Ultimate wasn’t even shortlisted for inclusion? Over one hundred registered NFs, has gender equality, has youth appeal Don’t know where the venue would be though. Is it due to the lack of viewership?

And as for breaking, well bye :bye:

Edited by Josh