website statistics

Ski Jumping at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

To sum up the absurdity of this competition:

In 2nd place: Manuel Fettner (Best result this season was 5th, only one other top 10 result, 18th in the world cup)

In 3rd place: David Kubacki (Best result this season was 13th, only one other top 20 result, 37th in the world cup)

In 4th place: Peter Prevc (Best result this season was 6th, only one other top 10 result, 19th in the world cup)

In 5th place: Evgenii Klimov (Best result this season was 5th, no other top 10 result, 31st in the world cup)

First competition this season without Norway/Germany on the podium. On average Norway/Germany combined for 1.75 podiums per competition, today they combined for top 5 results  ...

I think the last time none out of Germany/Norway/Slovenia made the podium was on February 1st 2020.

Conclusion: The places 2 through 5 combined for ZERO podiums this season & a grand total of 5 top 10 results. For all of them it was their (tied) best result this season. Anyone who defends this farce obviously doesn't care about fairness in sports.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

6 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

To sum up the absurdity of this competition:

In 2nd place: Manuel Fettner (Best result this season was 5th, only one other top 10 result, 18th in the world cup)

In 3rd place: David Kubacki (Best result this season was 13th, only one other top 20 result, 37th in the world cup)

In 4th place: Peter Prevc (Best result this season was 6th, only one other top 10 result, 19th in the world cup)

In 5th place: Evgenii Klimov (Best result this season was 5th, no other top 10 result, 31st in the world cup)

Conclusion: The places 2 through 5 combined for ZERO podiums this season & a grand total of 5 top 10 results. For all of them it was their (tied) best result this season. Anyone who defends this farce obviously doesn't care about fairness in sports.

And we also had ZERO World Cup events on normal hill during the season ;)

8 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Yeah, Poland not winning olympic edal in ski jumping, my ass :d

When I wrote never count Poland off when it comes to ski jumping, many laughed at me here.

Congrats neighbors both actually south-west and north :p

I suppose Michal Dolezal won't be fired after the season now. Most Polish fans expected zero medals in ski jumping here. This was supposed to be the end of the road for our 34 yo/average team. And it probably is. But we got one bronze as farewell.

13 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

And we also had ZERO World Cup events on normal hill during the season ;)

If you think this is normal, then please look at past olympics. The guys who did well at the olympics always (at least at the last 3 olympics, i was too lazy to look back even further) had better world cup results.

Crazy how polish fans were (rightfully) expecting no medals and now they suddenly act as if this wasn't mostly down to luck/monetarily influenced decisions by the officials.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

You can't expect the World Cup leaders to win the medals at the Games every time, this sport is far too chaotic for that, especially at a brand new venue where they never ever competed before, at a Games where the wind is clearly making things difficult for both the athletes and organizers in many disciplines. It is what it is, if you can't except it, don't watch it. 

5 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

If you think this is normal, then please look at past olympics. The guys who did well at the olympics always (at least at the last 3 olympics, i was too lazy to look back even further) had better world cup results.

Phasing out normal hill from World Cup in the last 30 years tends to throw up strange results during global events. Rok Benkovic is World Champion & Lars Bystoel an Olympic Champion on normal hill despite having a total of ONE World Cup podium between them ;)

At least nobody can say Kobayashi is an accidental Olympic Champion.

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Phasing out normal hill from World Cup in the last 30 years tends to throw up strange results during global events. Rok Benkovic is World Champion & Lars Bystoel an Olympic Champion on normal hill despite having a total of ONE World Cup podium between them ;)

At least nobody can say Kobayashi is an accidental Olympic Champion.

Ah yes, Benkovič, who retired young, became a pet snake trainer and then ventured into crypto. Damjan was also close to the medal in those championships and eventually had a longer and better career.