website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

5 hours ago, Mateus Nagime said:

How is Svitolina in this discussion?

Either way, Swiatek or Svitolina won't need the LEgacy quota, they can get it with ranking points easily.

But remember that legacy quota is an addendum to the rankings, so the same rules & conditions apply. The legacy quota is only an "extra" to garantee that someone under 70 or so and up top 400 in the rankings goes to the Olympics.

The "national team conditions" are the same either through direct ranking, Legacy or universality... if she is number 1 or 20 and doesn't get the ranking direct quota she is NOT elegible for the legacy.

She has not enough games at Billie-Jean Cup. But Ukrainian federation announced today that she is going to play against Roamnia next year. So it looks like she will get the quota herself.

7 hours ago, Illya said:

It's because Elina also doesn't have a permitted amount of participation in the Billie-Jean Cup, therefore she's also in contention with the Legacy quota or some other issues can be considered. 

ah ok! but just to be clear, one would also need the BJK etc quota for the Legacy quota. She can get it if she's below the last direct olympic quota, but i guess that's unlikely.

And again, this is just a way to let national federations dismiss qualified athletes...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It will be interesting to see if Diaz Acosta actually ends up qualifying for the Olympics.  At this point in the Olympic cycle there are at least four from Argentina in Direct Acceptance position and he is only the 9th best from his NOC at 326 points.  

Yeah, Facundo not only has to deal with the singles side, but the doubles too. If Argentina decides to bring their top three doubles players then it's even harder for him to qualify. Brazil will likely get the quota.

Too bad that's not the case on the women's side.

On 1/31/2024 at 10:31 PM, Laraja said:

Your work for this as well as for other qualification trackers is extremely helpful and we all appreciate it. However, for tennis it is not complete as the Race to Paris is more accurate than the regular rankings.

1 hour ago, Makedonas said:

Your work for this as well as for other qualification trackers is extremely helpful and we all appreciate it. However, for tennis it is not complete as the Race to Paris is more accurate than the regular rankings.

Could you send me the link of this ranking?

But, yeah, some of these sports like Tennis, Golf and Road Cycling, we have this problem. But, if I am not mistaken, eventually, both rankings will be the same at the end of qualification, right?

Anyway, we have decidec from the beginning to use the official rankings, because.... they are official haha. But, I can see if we may change it a little bit

12 minutes ago, Laraja said:

Could you send me the link of this ranking?

But, yeah, some of these sports like Tennis, Golf and Road Cycling, we have this problem. But, if I am not mistaken, eventually, both rankings will be the same at the end of qualification, right?

Anyway, we have decidec from the beginning to use the official rankings, because.... they are official haha. But, I can see if we may change it a little bit

https://live-tennis.eu/en/olympics-race-men-singles

• 2 weeks later...

so diaz acosta is making the most of home tournaments, but still has work to do. Even though he has moved into the top four amongst Argentina, he is not there yet just considering points counting toward Olympics.