website statistics

Taekwondo Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Josh said:

Both of you do know that there’s still a continental qualification tournament to come, right?

:GBR unlikely to be eligible to compete in the continental qualifiers because we already have Jade Jones and Bianca Cook qualifying through the rankings so only way Williams qualifies is by getting herself into the top 5. 

7 hours ago, Josh said:

Both of you do know that there’s still a continental qualification tournament to come, right?

If you are referring to Williams then you should know that she will not be eligible as Great Britain will have two quotas via ranking. :p

sorry didn’t see Rafa already replied. 

Edited by prso1000

13 minutes ago, El Analyzer said:

France announced the weight categories they will participate in 

what’s your opinion @Benolympique

IMG_4102.jpeg

Thanks for this info,

which I didn't have! Well I got everything right in the 4 categories chosen at the same time, it was easy!

These athletes should be selected at 99%

-58 kg Cyrian Ravet

- 68 kg Souleymnn Alaphilippe

-67 kg Magda Wiet-Henin

+ 67 kg Althéa Laurin

13 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Thanks! Are the any restrictions or criteria for it? I am just asking if there is a chance to give it to the 6th placed in the ranking 

They have some conditions to award a wild card but they are very very easy to achieve, technically if they can't allocate it based on universality places. that will come back to the next best athlete in the ranking

but in Taekwondo they usually can find a suitable athlete in each weight for the Wild Card. or at least that's what I expect

18 minutes ago, phelps said:

WT has the Refugee team where to pick athletes for the wild cards, they will never run short of them

I think refugees have two spots guaranteed anyway. Just not fair if they get even more. Ok I can accept universality but additional RTA quotas would be a joke