website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Japanese Olympic Trials start on March 17. 

Live Stream (Prelims only)

Live Results (Not completely sure, but this is where I found live results for the last Olympic Trials, so I’m assuming it’ll be the same)

Entry List (Can’t seem to find one. I get a “404 not found” error every time I try to open the PDF on the Japanese Swimming website)

Japanese Qualifying Times

image.png

Edited by Josh

3 hours ago, Josh said:

Live Stream

Live Results (Not completely sure, but this is where I found live results for the last Olympic Trials, so I’m assuming it’ll be the same)

Entry List (Can’t seem to find one. I get a “404 not found” error every time I try to open the PDF on the Japanese Swimming website)

image.png

Finals won't be on YouTube. They'll be on NHK1 which is geoblocked.

On 3/12/2024 at 7:26 PM, Josh said:

Live Stream (Prelims only)

image.png

Just going to add a few more things.

Here's the entry list

In addition, there's also relay qualification times set by the JASF (See column III). These will be determined by the top 4 athletes in each of the 100 and 200m freestyle and the top athlete in each 100m event. So NOC's that are currently the first reserve will be keeping an eye on these trials as there as a good chance that Japan will decline a couple of relays.

Screen-Shot-2023-11-11-at-8.34.50-AM-640

Japanese Olympic Trials: Day 1

No qualifiers today.

In the women's 400m freestyle, both Miyu Namba (4:06.10) and Waka Kobori (4:06.20) were under the AQUA OQT but failed to breach the JASF QT of 4:05.34. Namba was visibly tearing up in the interview afterwards. Heartbreaking for both of them.

Nobody breached the OQT in the men's 400m freestyle.

6 minutes ago, dullard said:

Did you use a VPN to watch? I'd like to see Rikako make the team tomorrow so might have to give it a try.

Yeah, I VPN'd to Japan and watched through the NHK1 link you posted.

Ikee and Mizuki Hirai both looked really good today. Hopefully they can both qualify tomorrow.