website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Removing the men’s 50km, only to get the mixed 35km as a replacement :facepalm::wall:

Much rather would’ve preferred either the women’s 50km, or the men’s/women’s 35km added to the program.

https://worldathletics.org/competitions/olympic-games/news/olympic-race-walking-event-paris

and the most idiotic thing in this new mixed relay is that the athlete who finish his leg will have to wait another cca 30 minutes to go another one... Not sure the genius who came up with this idea sometimes raced, because he would have known that the body of race walkers are not build for such extremes, racing 10 and half Km then sit and wait half hour to retake the baton and race another 10k  :lol:

Also a nice gesture to all race walkers who had to say farewell to their beloved 50km they trained and raced all carrer for, to suddenly must change literally everything to adapt to a shorter 35km to just later 1 year prior to the Olympics learns it was not necessary at all and have to became sprinters to readapt for a 10km race, and only if you are from one of the top 25 nations in the world (and still not sure if some NOC´s will be allowed to have 2 teams..so even less that from the top 25 nations) :lol:

You must love IOC and WA more and more. They just nailed the final one on the race walking coffin, will be really surprised if Race Walk will be in the LA28 program

WA-chodza.jpg

WA-chodza-Christel-Sanehova-1536x539.jpg

:lol:

Edited by hckošice

I know there is are many supporters for this sport here, but I always found it weird and outdated. I agree WA is doing everything to ruin it completely. Hopefully we will not see walking in LA at all. Let’s save all that quotas for other disciplines or even better other sports. 

I don’t really see any reason to kick the 20km Race Walk off the program at the moment. I feel like users on here are acting like those events don’t exist...

I would agree with axing the mixed race walk relay in favor of quotas elsewhere though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Slightly disappointed they didn't go for the 2x35 km option, just to have 70 km walking event at the Olympics instead of 50 km which was deemed too long. :p

Heck, I would have preferred to have a nonsense mixed individual 35 km race with team medals only as opposed to this. :roflmao:

#banbestmen