website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
Just now, Quasit said:

@OlympicIRL

So in the end, would you have gone with your instinct of Montana or the advice that it was Idaho?

I would have gone with Idaho if pushed. Montana was my gut instinct but I believe Idaho sounds like a good answer based on both pieces of advice now :d

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
1 minute ago, hckošice said:

oh man it may be either Idaho or Montana I believe :p One of them for sure, now just figure which one is the good one, but since the park is located on Wyoming extreme north-west I would assume Montana has more parts of it so by this logic the smallest part should be in Idaho...

But not entirely sure I mean...at all I mean :p

Thanks for the advice. Problem is, I cannot visualise where Idaho is in relation to Wyoming :hairpull:. Damn, I think I will take the points. Like @Quasit says, this is my best performance by far. Just annoying as the run was going so smoothly but finally hit a wall with the last couple of questions. I think you might be right @hckošice but I will just settle with what I have since you aren't 100% sure and neither am I. That's my final answer.

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
1 minute ago, Quasit said:

This looks like the perfect opportunity for a switch, unless you really know. :d

According to reports, Chris Houlihan won a Nintendo Power Magazine contest that would have him mentioned in a game. And it happened to be a rupee room in A Link to the Past.

Pts. 500,000

Where would you locate the so-called

"Chris Houlihan Room"?

A: Final Fantasy IV                                     B: Marathon Infinity                                  
  C: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past          D: Doom

image.jpeg

Oh wow! This is the only one of those games I played (and played a lot!). Needless to say the secret is still safe with me :d

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
1 minute ago, hckošice said:

Good thing Danny you did not ask me in this one as I know only the female major Houlihan from MASH :p

No worries, I am saving you for your specific expert knowledge :d. I hope for an ice hockey question :d

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

I want to flip this question.... not a clue! :d  :mirror:

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

I'm ready :)

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted
Just now, Quasit said:

Well, the pressure grows bigger  for @hckošice too. :p

No pressure @hckošice, I hope you are studying as many obscure facts and encyclopedias as you can now :d

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

That would be B: Astrophysicist. I believe that is often a term used when describing what happens to stars when they get dragged into a black hole, which is what I believe is happening to my brain now :d. Final answer, B.

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

Well I really was guessing :d. So I am happy to have it out of the way. I know @hckošice is a francophile and stayed in France for some time but at least this way I was sure of making it to the next level :d

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

I would have guessed B: Stalingrad with all 4 options there so I will stick with that. B final answer (for now :p)

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

I now want to apply my double dip please :p

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

I haven't the faintest inkling! But I have a plan! I would like a 50:50 please

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

Hyenas are feliforms so unless I am misremembering under pressure, the answer is A: Hyena. Final answer!

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

Holy hell, my heart was pounding for real :d:red:

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

I am about 95% on this one, so I am going to look so stupid if I get this one wrong now, especially with all my lifelines. I am pretty sure it's quadrant IV. 2 is on the x-axis, -3 is on the y-axis, so you are in the bottom right quadrant. And I think and hope that is quadrant IV :d.

Damn...... flip it, I will risk it. D, final answer

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

Tendons connect muscle to bone. C, final answer.

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

You know Dasher and Dancer, Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid, Donner and Blitzen..... but do you know the most famous reindeer of all?

Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer.

That's my final answer, the lovely Rudolph. D is my answer :)

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

Thankfully I know this one and I am even more grateful that I don't have to try to pronounce it. And to prevent me trying to type out the spelling, I can just say as much as this: The answer is D, that pesky Icelandic volcano :d

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

I believe the title of Best Umbrella and Handbag was won by Julie Andrews in her role as Mary Poppins and they decided to retire the category after that :p. Just joking of course. The answer is A: Makeup and Hairstyling.

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread
Posted

By the way, do I have to say I want to use my double dip before giving my incorrect answer? Or if I get it wrong, can I then declare I wish to use it?