website statistics
4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Didn't take long for :CAN to get a fourth

There’s still chance for him to finish 5th/6th :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 minutes ago, Josh said:

16-0 :KOR over :BRA after 5 ends of curling. Ouch. Really hope they can score at least one before the match ends. :fingers:

They just missed a huge opportunity :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Hulshof :CAN might have just thrown away a medal on the range. 3 misses in the shooting stage #4 :(

“Storm” is a great first name: https://olympics.com/gangwon-2024/en/results/biathlon/athlete-profile-n1003919-storm-veitsle.htm

Disc golf is an elite hobby too :yes

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2024
Posted (edited)

Adamov :SVK with some horrid standing shooting stages. 6 misses probably places him off the podium, though he goes into second for now…

Edited by Olympian1010

Posted (edited)

:BRA wins their first ever medal at the Winter Youth Olympics! @vinipereira @thiago_simoes @Laraja @titicow

Edited by Olympian1010

Bacher :ITA out to the early lead in the men’s individual (biathlon), but I’m not confident it will hold…

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

Please explain to me how their formatting is similar to @hckošice :question:

I just can’t see it. 

They've let their standards fall :p

+51:06.7 has to be one of the largest deficits between first and last at the YOG :mumble:

I’ll investigate that in the morning (my time). 

14 minutes ago, Josh said:

I don’t think anyone actually follows that format though, @hckošice is the only one that does it like that :p

@Gianlu33 and @phelps do to an extent I believe...

Posted (edited)

Lukaszczyk :POL goes down on the longest jump of the day! It’s gold for :KAZ :hyper:

And the Pole walks away from the crash, which is great. 

Commentator claims this is the first gold medal at a Winter Youth Olympics for :KAZ 

Edited by Olympian1010

Wild women’s 1500m short track final. Yang :CHN with a brilliant early attack win :hyper:

:HUN gets their first medal.

Meanwhile, the second place American (Josie Johnson): "I was thinking about Taylor Swift" [in between jumps] :lol:

Full comments here: https://olympics.com/en/news/josie-johnson-usa-silver

Posted (edited)

Indrackova :CZE after finishing 4th: "No one will care (about this result) in a few years."  :lol:

Full comments here: https://olympics.com/en/news/anezka-indrackova-cze

Edited by Olympian1010

Kind of ridiculous that people who were crashed/lapped get to start on even terms in the restart :mumble: